• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looks like the north half got dumped on!!!

K
Apr 27, 2008
Looks like Ash River has 8 plus and it looks to be snowing for a few more hours. Going to have to load up an head up north! It's 750 miles closer than then the mountains.

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
So what are some of the final tallies? At my place outside of Brainerd I got about 6-7". How did Ely and the rest of the Arrowhead do?

Have all next week off and would like to keep my $$ in state to help stimulate the local economy :) rather than drive 14+ hours to the mountains. Not that I don't like the hills and all, but my butt would rather sit on the sled seat than the truck seat.

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
It snowed, but...

Hard to tell how much 'cause the wind blew so hard I've got huge drifts in some places, and bare dirt inbetween.

I'm on a sizeable lake N. of Brainerd, and face northwest. I get pounded with strong winds year 'round.

S
Jun 17, 2008
Gilbert, MN
International Falls area ended up in the 15"-18" range. The Iron Range to the North Shore was in the 8-10" range. The winds are howling today and have made some huge drifts in areas. Too bad everything underneath it is rock solid ice. This weekend should be excellent last weekend of riding with temps in the 30's and the fresh snow.

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Probably some good drift busting to be had along the shores of N. Long?
I'm on Merrifield bay of NLL. I'm sure you could find drifts, but along the shore in this neighborhood, the wind has swept down to the ice crust. All the snow is in my yard, and across the driveway.

Im sure if you got near the standing rushes, or wooded shoreline, you could find drifts.

I can post later if a decision was made to groom the trails. Only concern would be ditches that were water filled last week.

K
Apr 27, 2008
tequilamonsta,

stop in where...not sure what you are talking about or who you are. But I will say hello if you let me know.

Heading up Thursday night...hope to find some good snow off trail...maybe go to the vintage ride on Sat...I think that's going on this weekend.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Only about four inches here at Duluth

I'll be headed out looking for better on Fri.
Anyone heard from Isabella-Finland areas?

Owen

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Trail grooming Brainerd, Merrifield area.

Goin' out at 8:00am tomorrow, and see what we can get done.
Not sure about marked trail in ditches. We'll groom thru if we can, depends on how much water we run into in ditch bottoms, but will hit the other trails for sure.
Eight other clubs groom in Crow Wing County. I can't speak for the others. I do know Garrison hit a stump with their Tucker, drag actually, and did big damage. They are out for the rest of the season. (April 1st grooming ends in MN. )

Premium Features