• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer question

D
Nov 30, 2007
I bought my wife an 08 Phazer MTX and so far she is liking it, she has only been out on it a few times, but after I set up the suspension better for her, it is way better and fun to ride. But we were out this weekend in fresh powder (about 2 feet at least) and it goes through it fine, but it was getting some snowdust into the airbox and stalling it. I dont know how many times exactly, but quite a few. I opened the airbox to look inside and saw there was some water inside it so that is why I assume that the snow was getting in there. Is there anybody else with this issue? And how did you fix it? Thanks for any help.

Z
Feb 5, 2008
Jamestown ND
We have an 07 Phazer Mtn as well and have encountered this same issue while operating in deep powder. I just haven't had time to tear in to this thing to see what can be done to remedy this problem.

S

Sixat38

Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
IIRC there was a TSB issued for the 07 to cure this problem. Along with a couple other items that had to do with the airbox there was/are two rubber plugs (one for each side of te airbox) that get installed. These block off snow dust from getting into the air box. Or supposed to block off snow anyway.

In 08, they should already be there.

P
Apr 27, 2008
I have an 08 i also have had the same problem in the really deep snow. I just cleaned it out. But it was a small price to pay for day if really deep powder, and it only happend 2 times

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Buy an arctic cat and you wont have to worry about that:D jk! Does the phazer have a vent that you could put some sort of frogskinz vent cover on, or isnt the snow getting in that way?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
the updates should be free. i just paid 15 bucks for a chunk of aluminum and rivets and did it myself

D
Nov 30, 2007
You would think updates would be free, but aparently not. I am not really sure where the snow gets in from, but maybe some sort of prefilter might do the trick, where can I get some of it.

Premium Features