• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 king cat 900

S
Dec 6, 2007
idaho
I'm new to arctic cat after just buying an m1000 and my brother in law just bought an d7. And after spending a weekend riding in island park, our mutual friend(who rode a 99 pol 700) upgraded to a 2004 king cat 900 with a 162. Whats the pros and cons of this sled. He said it had only 600 miles on it and i was wondering if the first owner could have run it without an odometer. any info would be greatly appreciated

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
most came without the speedo because it was an option to have it installed. Pros, toughest motor out and climbs like a goat when set up right. the chassis is hard to kill, and responds well to mods.
Cons, has a few electrical problem (mostly rubbed wires and bad hand warmers as well as a suspect stator) factory chain sucks and some driver problems with a 3.0 track, a little hard to handle (pulls hard). servo cables need to be kept on top of.

He wont be dissapointed with this sled. I have one and if you flip the track and move the bolt to the 2nd hole on the tunnel this sled will hang with alot. Rides wheelies and climbs like a bat out of hell. I will post some videos of mine later.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
bring your TP if it is set up right and in the right hand can cause the m1k a bit of a heartache at less than half the price:cool:

S
Dec 6, 2007
idaho
he paid 3000 for it from a guy in salt lake city and the odo said 600 miles. my bud also said it was really clean. I was just wondering if the speedo/odo was mechanical or if it was electical. is there any minor upgrades such as a Y pipe, pipe and can he can add to make her run better? thanks

Last edited:
T
Sep 22, 2008
900kk

I put a DnD y-pipe and a can for a m1000 some fab work is needed.This will give you a front dump setup.V-FORCE reeds are nice,hang on grow some :beer;

Premium Features