• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-1000 Garrett Turbo

D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
So i am just wondering if anyone has ever looked at the actual waste gate in thier turbo, i am just doing some checking and found that the wastegate is not fully closed and is "Loose" so to speak should that wastegate be tight against the turbo housing or is it ok if you have a 1/8-1/16" gap? if it should be tight how do i correct this problem.

Also wondering if anyone has taken the intercooler off of thier boondockers m-1000, it seems to me that an inter cooler should not make a difference if your running enough pipe temp to drive the turbo, but i have heard some people say that you can take it off?

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The flapper in the wastegate should be tight against the housing. You will have to tighten up the rod on the actuator that opens the wastegate. Very simple to do.

I feel the intercoolers are a waste unless you are climing huge hills. If sized correctly the turbo should not build enough heat to loose any power. You would be able to get rid of the cooler and just use a charge tube and might have to tweek the fuel some.

Premium Features