• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lake Gogebic

B
They should be good. What part of the lake? Bergland area I imagine? We just got 4" of snow and not much traffic on the trails. Bessemer and Wakefield areas are really good. Watersmeet area not as much snow for Boondocking but good trail riding. Bergland I would think is good about the same conditions as Wakefield.

B
Dec 8, 2008
Longmont, CO
Powder?

What is the powder depth looking like up there since the warm weather rolled through? Is there any place that would have some decent spots for boondocking or is it still a little light on the snow for that yet? Hoping to head up near Bergland or Mass City next weekend so any info would be great.

B
Well went up to Mass City area and not as much snow as Bessemer/Ironwood/Wakefield areas. It did start to snow when i left the area back home. Heavy snow flurries between Bergland and Wakefield and has been snowing since. Have about 3" right now. Supposed to continue through the night and start again tomorrow for an additional 1-2". Then snow Monday also.

B
Dec 8, 2008
Longmont, CO
Thanks for the updates.
Looks like you guys are missing all the major stuff. I see that Munising is getting pounded lately and looks like they are predicting at least 18 inches in the forcast. If only it were 200 miles westward :(
At least fresh snow is falling in the western U.P. anyways.
Hope to be up there next weekend. Save some snow!

Premium Features