• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check this trailer accessory out

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Hey many people have been asking about freezer door material drops and such. I've had that too but this is ten times better. A shop in Meridian Id built this for $300. One trip of having a warm inside that you can see to work and function without firing up the genie for 110 is so worth that cost. Google the Cover Shop in Meridian Idaho if you want one...Dan Brown who is a hardcore sledder is the owner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cover Shop trailer door.JPG
    Cover Shop trailer door.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Cover Shop trailer door open.JPG
    Cover Shop trailer door open.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,068
  • Cover Shop trailer door inside.JPG
    Cover Shop trailer door inside.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,044

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Not really spendy when you break it all down....I've done it both ways...

I bought a roll of 12" super duty vinyl (freezer door material) from the plastic supply house for $210..(enough to do two back and one side door)..then a metal frame and hardware $40..then about three hours install time. I don't know what everyone else's time is worth but even just watching TV I think I can factor a better cost savings in contracting out.

On this one I dropped it off and picked up a day later...factor time and materials that equals a monster savings not even considering the quality of the product versus homemade.

Two zippers, side snaps the each outside edge, roll up snaps, and top frame metal installed....oh yea and about a hundred more trips and I can factor in propane savings too!

H
Dec 4, 2007
I made mine out of marine grade clear vinyl material from Farmtek. I got enough to do both the rear door and the side door for $55.00 I used velcro to attach it and it works great. The material is almost impossible to tear and the velcro allows easy entry or exit. Kind of like a full patio door. I used HD 3" self stick velcro squares. I stapled the squares to the material using a HD office stapler and stapled the squares to the trailer paneling with a regular T50 stapler to make sure the velcro sticky didn't fail. Nice to be able to have heat AND see outside!!

Premium Features