• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo or what...?

L
Okay so I went riding yesterday and while climbing on my m7, I was thinking I want some more power. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a twin pipe setup, with new gearing and clutching, and intake and such, and when I brought this up with my dad he was saying a turbo would be the way to go.
What do you guys think? What is the power like for each, and what is tuning like for both setups? Now since it will be me doing most of the tuning (im only 15), I would like it to be fairly easy.
Oh and what would pricing be for each?
I like boondocking and hillclimbs and I like to be loud:D
I ride a 2005 arctic cat m7 153 efi
Your input is apreciated.
Thanks, Levi.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Dont be afraid to try a Big Bore kit. Very reliable power. Myself I'm going to wait just a lil while longer and let the pros tweek the relaibility into these turbos...........

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
You could give nitrous a try, works well climbing and makes pretty reliable power.

AND

I just happen to have a kit for sale that fits your sled:D

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
cpc makes a 1000 kit for the m7 called the dragon cat and it puts up 200+ hp do a search and you will find lots of info. but i think the price is about the same as the turbo.

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
turbos are nice, but it is alot of work. A big bore set up would be a more straight forward reliable source. NOS isnt a bad idea either

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
pending on what you wanna spend, you could spend 5g + on a turbo kit (not including top end rebuilding until you get it right) or you can spend half that on a big bore with spray... If you are thinking more towards the turbo side to be honest with you i would sell what you got and pick up one outta the swap meet, some good deals to be had there. with the turbo or big bore you're gonna be tuning quite a bit....more with the turbo. just my .02

L
pending on what you wanna spend, you could spend 5g + on a turbo kit (not including top end rebuilding until you get it right) or you can spend half that on a big bore with spray... If you are thinking more towards the turbo side to be honest with you i would sell what you got and pick up one outta the swap meet, some good deals to be had there. with the turbo or big bore you're gonna be tuning quite a bit....more with the turbo. just my .02

Well 5 grand for a turbo seems a little steep for me. What about a set of pipes, and some reeds? Any ideas? How easy are pipes to keep in line?

Well 5 grand for a turbo seems a little steep for me. What about a set of pipes, and some reeds? Any ideas? How easy are pipes to keep in line?

SLP ceramic twins ~ $850.00
V-force reeds ~ $350ish +/-
BoonDockers fuel controller ~ $450ish (which you would need)
Grand total = $1650 +/-

Good news is I could hook you up with the pipes and BD box (both used) for $450.00 (USD) you pay shipping :D. PM me if interested.

Premium Features