• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Pump Gas Turbo for my 09 M8

S
Dec 6, 2007
I've been thinking about this all season. Finally getting ready to pull the pin and purchase a pump gas turbo kit for my 09 M8 153. I have done ton's of research and found things I like and dislike about each kit. Any suggestions on what you are running out there that works well, is easy to tune and just plain fun to ride. I am set on a pump gas kit as they are cheaper and I want to be able to pull up to the pumps and fill up without having to haul fuel everwhere I ride.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

W
Dec 7, 2007
Victor ID
I live in BD country and that is what most everyone has around here. Costomer service is very good and the BD kit is working good. That is the setup Cat is giong to use on the RTR, if all the rumors are true.

Most of the guys that are running the BD are adding a couple of gallons of race to each tank for extra protection and to run a little higher boost.

It really depends on where you live, go with a setup that you can get the best service from, there will be tuning and updates that you will have to deal with.

Good luck

M

m8matt

Nov 26, 2007
I haven't had one problem with Shain at Twisted turbos. Give him a call!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, CO
I have had very good luck with my BD kit. I have 960miles on it and have not had problems other than breaking a primary clutch spring. I run straight 91 with no motor problems or ecu codes running 7.5-8.0 psi. I have not had to mess with the box after it was tuned. Just pull the cord and go.

S
Dec 6, 2007
I live in Saskatchewan but do the majority of my riding in the Revelstoke and Golden areas. Saskatchewan is probably one of the flattest places in the world and sits at approximately 1800 feet where I do ride around with my son and family. I really just want a sled that is (for the most part) pull and go.

I like the fact that the Cutler kit uses the stock exhaust exit and I really like the air intake system. Plus my buddy owns an Arctic Cat dealership and sells Cutler products. (this would be the first turbo though)

Twisted Turbo's seem to have an excellent reputation for customer service which is huge to me. I have no problem spending extra $ on something if you know you will be treated right. My only concern is the side exit exhaust on the twisted kit. My sled does have tendencies to roll or tip over from time to time. Are there issues with melting side vents? Are there any issues in the deep powder found in B.C. with choking off the exhaust or not getting enough cool air for the intake under the hood? I do run a full set of 2 cool air vents (hood included) to keep the sled nice and cool under the hood.

All the information has been really helpfull so far guys, Thanks!

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
No issues with melting vents or plugging exhaust on the deep powder days. These kits are developed in the deep Utah powder so you know they have to work.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
My dealer built a Cutler TM8 this year, and let me take it for the Ladies Ride Weekend. He set it up pretty mellow for the weekend for me pump gas at about 5 lbs of boost, no hassles all weekend ~ pull and go. I loved the thing absolutly just fun to ride, great versatility for climbing and hookin through the trees. Power seemed soooo smooth, I was more than impressed, and the whole program looked really clean and well put together, solid set up IMO!!! :D

Last edited:
W

Wiskey7

May 7, 2008
Twisted Turbo.

I just got back from Slocan BC. Had Brian @ Canadian Power Machines install a PG M1000 Twisted Turbo, all I can say is Love It. I talked with Shain and did some other research aswell on all PG kits, both Shain @ Twisted and Brian @ CPM were great to deal with the customer service is second to none, THANKS GUYS, and the twisted kit is complete with everything.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
i rode a pump gas setup yesterday, sweet. might have to start looking for one myself. not sure what brand to go with yet if i condsider it though

Premium Features