• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat Clutch - Balancer Ring Question

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Spider finally went on my 04 king cat clutch. But the ol girl did not let me down....she made within 1/8 mile of the trailer after a long ride out before she went.

Got a new clutch here and I can see that it does not come with the harmonic balancer (whatever it is) that goes on the back of the clutch. I already pulled the one off my old clutch, but am a little concerned that the new clutch should be rebalanced after I transfer it over.

Or.....seems like I have read on here that some did not put it on at all (or took it off) Anyone running without it? Thoughts on rebalancing if I do put it on?

Thanks,
Chris

PS I had to use the pipe thread tape on the puller with gear oil in the hole to get the clutch out. Worked like a champ.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Chris,

I had on on my m7 that but when I replaced the clutch 3 years ago, I didn't put it on the new clutch and have been running great ever since. You shouldn't need it.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the info Mtn. I'm gonna run without it.

Hey! It's Valetines day so we better get off from here before we ruin our chances.....Cheers!

--Chris

Premium Features