• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Twisted turbo Feedback?

F
Sep 20, 2008
B.C.
I would much appreciate any feedback on this combination. I currently ride 06 apex turbo and love it. After a few minutes seat time on stock 09 M8 i think i may have fallen for this sled. My concerns with boosting a 2 stroke are same as everyones ,Im sure. Reliability. I would like to here first hand how twisted turbos or any turbo for that matter are fairing over , say, 1500-2500 miles. Thanx in advance. Fo.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Look in the performance/modified section and do a search for "twisted". Where are you in BC? I live just south of you in Idaho and have a Twisted M1000

Nov 27, 2007
calgary
I have a Boondocker M8 race gas, this is my second year on the sled and aprox 1000 miles on it, I had some trouble with the air box leaking the first year, got the air box upgrade from Boondocker and that fixed that problem.
The only other issue that I had was that I cracked the Y pipe at about 800 miles. Quite happy with the sled, I am running 12 to 14 pounds boost.

M

m8lovin

Aug 29, 2010
vernon bc
Forrest.. I have to say i have a 07 m8 that had 1800 miles on it
this year then twisted it. Now i have around 2300. And i am most thrilled about the turbo. I havnt touched the attitude box in 4 rides.pretty much What im saying is go twisted and you cant go wrong. Iv had great customer service from shane himself and dallas in canada.. Wait a few minutes and the cpc
guys will be chimin' in lol!!

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I saw the pistons come out of a Twisted M8 with 3,000 miles on it last year... Looked like new. That was a lot of heavily boosted miles, and Spectro oil. I'm running Spectro now. 600 boosted miles on my Twisted M8 and haven't had to do anything to it after initial tune and set-up. And Shain's customer service has been awesome.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Approaching 1500 Miles. Replaced Y pipe at about 800 miles because it sheared possibly due to the pin hole leak it had from day one as a weak point. Replaced Reeds at 1000 miles but I will never wait that long again. I will change reeds in the summer and as required throughout the winter.

Most of my riding friends have twisted kits and there haven't been any major issues. Nothing more than a mod sled or even stock for that matter.

Customer support for me has been outstanding!! I see Shain around B.C. several times through out the year helping his customers. Most of the turbo's around here are Twisted and they all flat out work.

Twisted kits are complete and leave you needing nothing. I would buy another twisted kit based on my experience. Not hard to tune and basically pull the rope and go.

I like to check my sled over after every ride some as the snow melts so I don't wait for things to go wrong on the hill. Turbo sleds are not for everyone but if you are keen on learning and don't mind getting your hands dirty doing the little things to keep you from wrenching on the snow you will love it!!

F
Sep 20, 2008
B.C.
thanx guys I appreciate all of your feedback! Iposted this thread 18 or so months ago. and am just now getting feed back ...weird. I bought an m8 twisted from shain 2 summers ago(just a couple weeks after launching the thread) everything you guys said was bang f-ing on!! What a ride. Guess I should check in to snowest more often. Cheers, Forrest.

Premium Features