• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good Kid Sleds?????

P
Dec 21, 2008
Evergreen, CO
Wondering what you guys think of kid sleds, which are most common and what are they worth? Looking for something fun for five year old to play with. Lots of machines for sale, trying not to spend too much on another toy. Anybody in Denver area got something reliable for sale? Thanks!

I
Dec 10, 2008
5 years old....that will be in the kitty kat or 120 range with a $400 to $1,200 price range depending on sled and condition. Keep on eye on craigs list and vintagesleds.com/classifieds.

M
Jan 23, 2009
Columbia Falls, MT
artic cat kitty cat is probably the best. have two myself for a now 5 year old and 7 year old. depending on child 8-10 year old is probably to old. when buying ck track and wheels. no hand warmers on early versions (don't know about newer 125s) check if child can operate throttle (tough for small hands especially when riding for a little while)cost for replacement is almost as much as full size sled. most hoods and belly pans are broken at the hinge point or will be soon. some have windshields for looks, some head and tail lights which is useful. wheels on skis for of season (i don't get the point there are other toys for those seasons) deep snow kit is nice and lastly cover for transport. engines are bullet proof. have adjustable throttle. max speed stock is about 10 mph (some people modify and race them believe it or not) started building in early mid 70's. i paid $350.00 for one and $600.00 for the other. will not go through much more than three or four inches of snow. dad packs a track down with my bigger sleds. good luck

P
Dec 21, 2008
IMO those sleds sure are small....
I think it depends on alot of things, like where are you sleddin at and how coordinated is he
My 6 year old races MX and has no problem on our 340 Ovation or Phazer.....just practiced with him and got him to go easy on the throttle, the thumb and hand warmers are a saver, try to get them

We got our 1996 ovation for 800.00 with only 700 miles and electric start and our 1988 Phazer with 1100 miles was only 600.00 so pretty cheap I guess for years of fun ahead of them (boy is 6, daughter is 8)

P
Dec 21, 2008
Evergreen, CO
Picked up '98 SkiDoo MXZ120 - $800

Appreciate the suggestions. Just brought home spotless machine for our little boys. Have lots of questions, wondering if anyone has this sled, and could help with some basic questions, or if anyone has a copy of the owner's manual or service manual for sale? Wondering if the vent on top of gas tank needs a drain hose, how much oil should it hold, spark plug specs, and if applying the brake handle should light up a rear brake light? Thanks everyone for their help!

Premium Features