• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help on 08 phazer

W
Dec 15, 2008
my wife is running a 08 phazer mtx and loves the sled but finds it a little on the tippy side, was wondering if there is anything i can do to make it a little more stable, i am slowly getting her to stand up more and this is working but still need to do something else. other than that she loves the sled. does anyone know of a good exhaust combe to put on as well she wants a little more speed but does not want a turbo.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
Put simons generation 2 ski's on it will widen the stance about 4 inches and help with flotation :D You wont gain much speed or hp from exhaust but makes them sound a bit nicer
skis001.jpg

R
My wife also has the 08 Phazer says the same thing. I installed stiffer rear springs and have the skis set to the widest they go. Still tips easy. I had been thinking of stiffer shock on the front but now I am just throwing money at a sled she will only ride 3 times a year. It's now called my "back up sled". I should have bought another skidoo 800 summit. I think maybe its the fact the track is only 14 inches wide and were on powder. GOOD LUCK!

W
Dec 15, 2008
thank you for the feedback i am widening out the skiis, and will try some suspension changes thanks for the info, she is finding the more she stands the more stable it feels so this could be a good thing

O

outlaw11j

Dec 10, 2007
Rocklin, CA
I would also recommend the Gen 2 skis. I have them on my Turbo RX and I can tell you the difference is well worth it. Sled stays planted and before it was horrible. Made no other changes than skis.
I would S/C it. My wife rides my Turbo RX and she is a beginner. 4 stroke's are mellow untill you pin it... very ridable with S/C or turbo.

Just tell her the whistle is from the new skis.... LOL

Last edited:
W
Dec 15, 2008
Pull the sway bar, at least I found the ride was more predictable.

Have her stand further forward(if she isn't already)

i have her standing quite close now , how does the sway bar affect the ride if she is sitting i have heard of this before and think its worth a try, its her first sled so want to get it dialed in so she enjoys it if she comes with then i get out more

F
Jan 7, 2005
Greenville, NC
If you understand sway bars, the work to keep the unit flat
while cornering etc.. the problem I had was on uneven
terrain, was if you hit a bump off kilter the sled would
want to buck the opposite direction, by removing the sway bar it allowed
the suspension to work independantly.

That being said, higher speed trail running requires a little more attention in the corners(more body english)

Not to mention the position of the sway bar puts it in a very
vulnerable location. about a week after I pulled mine I hit a
small stump, just on my skidplate. and the swaybar bracket,
and I can guarentee that if my bar was on there, I would
have been in a world of hurt.(not to mention what could
have happened to the sled)

As an aside my wife has/had ridden mine several times
she's 120lb soaking wet with gear, and she really enjoyed it
never quite had any issues.(and she's a non-sledder)

if your wife is on the lighter side, made sure the suspension is
set up for her weight.

Premium Features