• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Night in the bush

M

MN_Nole

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Big Lake, MN
No not what you think maybe wish

Came across this thread in general, are you ready spend the night on the mtn.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1179317&posted=1#post1179317

So thought I would repost it here, anyone willing. Having worked with Mike in the past, most of us now have taken the Avy course, but what happens should we get stuck on the hill. Get a sled or couple of sleds stuck in a bowl, with the sun going down on the way back to the truck. Are we ready. Having known someone whom had to spend a half night on the mountain, and made it out. I am not sure if I could. A semi safe practice that could save my life is well worth a night in the cold. I think I have in my pack what I need but I hate to learn if I don't and need it.

Last edited:
M

MN_Nole

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Big Lake, MN
X- got your PM and thanks. Was not looking for today or the next weekend. I know we all got trips scheduled, so was thinking long term, Feb/March, would be perfect. Not wanting to do the extreme temps we have had. Just a practical experience. I am talking with Mike( Avy instructor) as I know he has some knowledge in this area to get his pointers and tips. But your offer sounded perfect. Its the woods yet safe to get out of. Gonna shoot of some of my own PM's to see whom else we can get. Will update once I know more. This seems to be a growing topic, we all get stuck, its just what time to day and in what conditions. Gottat be head smart is all.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Let me know.

I'll call my old man and make sure he has no issues and we should be good on my end.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Talked with the old man and he doesn't give 2 chits.

So it's a go on my end. Looking at my schedule I'm free starting the last weekend of Feb and into March.

If anyone needs rough ideas, it is about 2 hours from the cities. Super B and Jonce both know where it is....well a general idea.

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
Does this "night in the bush" include a keg of beer & bonfire. I normally ride with a lawn chair strapped to my sled so I can bring that right??

M

MN_Nole

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Big Lake, MN
Late Feb/Early MArch sounds great to me. Can set my schedule to accomidate. PM'd Jonce and B, but no word back, but the may be out west. Anyway that time frame seems to work perfect as we in MN are in semi west set temps, highs and lows, make a nice balance. Troy just cuse I am your type, no never mind.
X pic a date, we can work out the details and get confirmation/

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I can make any of these weekends.

Feb 28/March 1

March 7-8th

March 14-15th.

Just let me know what works for everyone.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
No, but I do sell some that might "enhance" your visual.... :)

So your saying you need some "enhancement"? :eek::D

The first full week of March I'll be in West Yellowstone, so that's not going to work for me. If you decide on a later date let me know.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
you guys just figure out what works best for the most out those dates.

Would everyone prefer Friday or Saturday night?

M

MN_Nole

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Big Lake, MN
X I am gonna Pm the weekend of the 14th-15th, as it look like that is when everyone is available. Think we should have a confirmed list later this week.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Got it down for the 14th-15th.

Only possible problem I can see is a lack of snow. Talked with my old man today and it sounds like the warm temps and rain did some damage. Let's hope for some Tournament snow the first week or two of March.

Premium Features