• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New club for the South

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
Southland Sno-Riders

Been kicking around the idea for a club for the south area. Something to keep the cohesion together for people here in the South, and to get the word out to others that might be out there. CNSA can always use more clubs, and there isn't much representation down here, and even as few riders as there are, I know there has to be more hiding out there that aren't aware of the organized routes,Associations, clubs, etc... throughout California.
We all know in these enviornmental times and the upcoming Government's stance on Public Land Use, so it's more important than ever for safety, education, and knowledge of the issues that will affect our sport. I've been involved with Jeep clubs, State and National Associations, etc.. for over 20 years, and have seen firsthand the possitive effects of organized recreation. Look at the sucess of others in the Central and North areas.
I've got some ideas for a logo, name, etc.... Give me your feedback, interested or not??

A
Jan 24, 2009
New to SoCal

Hey guys! i think the club is a great idea! I am from Minnesota originally, just wondering where can you ride down here? I live in LA, I understand that there is snow in the San Bernardino Nat Forest, can you ride there? off Trail??
Thanks for the input!!

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
Hey guys! i think the club is a great idea! I am from Minnesota originally, just wondering where can you ride down here? I live in LA, I understand that there is snow in the San Bernardino Nat Forest, can you ride there? off Trail??
Thanks for the input!!

Glad to see some interest. I'm putting some info together on the club, have had some other interest from others also, so it's looking good. PM me your contact info... phone, email, etc.....

Not much riding down here, at least anything organized. SBNF has a small area when there is enough snow, but you have to call for a permit and the combo to the lock. Not really worth the long trip from LA. Here in Wrightwood, we ride in areas around town after a storm, but nothing you'll find on a map. Basically all the good stuff is in the Sierras.. groomed trails, off trail, hill climbs, etc.... whatever you're looking for. The closest is the South Sequoia/Sherman Peak area, north of Lake Isabella.

Always looking for people down here to go ride, give me a shout anytime. I'll even look past that you're from Minnesota.... I'm from Wisconsin (Go Pack!) ha ha :D

Mike 949 279-3130

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
Ok, sent out info to email to:
James6000
stndinup
abrummond
donbrown

-Machinist, I need your email addy

missing anyone? If so, pm me your email and I'll get it out

-mike

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
Mike,
Will be emailing application soon, also will you be around the house this coming saturday or sunday? Jim

No, I'm going sledding this weekend. Got a free weekend, so better take advantage. We're going to head up to Sherman on sat. morning. I'm off schedule from everyone else it seems... last weekend was busy for me. If you or anyone else wants to go, let me know.... Also, trying to set up a group get together the last weekend of March.

Premium Features