• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo m sled

J
Feb 13, 2008
could anyone give me input on turboed m-8's, in relation to reliability, ease of tuning etc. I run a turbo yamaha now so understand turbos and tuning fairly well. would like to try a 2 stroke turbo. any unbiased input would be helpful. thanks ahead of time

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
The m8 turbo has been around long enough now that all the bugs seem to be worked out. Aside from the maintenance check after every (or before) ride, it is pretty much pull and go. Reliability will decrease with higher boost pressures but the m8 seems to like 10/11 lbs where it maintains it's durability. Tuning is a slight gas adjustment for elevations.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
Rode with Burandt this past weekend and we threw out the same question. I believe it was Sahn that told us when Chris was doing the R & D with Arctic Cat to produce the RTR's that they had a pump gas kit that ran over 3000 miles and they never turned a wrench on it. They have between 1000 and 1500 miles on the production models they are riding this season and having no issues.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
I asked a couple people the same thing last year.. I'm riding tm1 this season.. and so far so good.. its a different feel for sure..

As far as tuning goes its a lot like the 4strokes.. watch gauges and adjust accordingly.. plus there is lots of people on here that have great information when you run into hicups along the way..

I say do it.. :D.. you will noticed a difference when digging them out :eek:

Premium Features