• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch help

A
Jan 13, 2009
i had recently ran into trouble with my zr 600. I have installed a clutch kit. I didnt like it and returned to stock applications. I replaced everything back including counterweights springs the whole gig. Now, i cant take off from a dig to save my life. The belt just spins like crazy. Ive replaced my belt with my new spare and the same thing happens. Is this something stupid or is it more involved than what i think

Any info appreciated Thanks

the angled pieces that actually touch the belt.....one is fixed.....one moves. the moveable one needs to move freely and all the weights need to move easily. you can pop the cover off the clutch with the 6/9 bolts (depending on which clutch you have) and the spring load will be off, you can then make sure the clutch can move freely. spin it around and check all the weights and make sure they are nt over tight. clean it all w/brake cleaner and reassemble. take note that there is a mark on the cover,spider,and clutch........line em all up. these are for your balance.

A
Jan 13, 2009
ill have to check that out. Its weird because when that happens, which was intermittent by the way, it would engage enough to engage and slip and make a weird noise. The noise was not a squealing or slipping noise either. Its hard to explain but ill try that. Thanks alot for your help.

S
Jan 14, 2009
Check this.

I think that your secondary spring preload is off remeber you have to wind, or preload the spring when you install it in the secondary.

Premium Features