• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avalanche Awareness Day Sat. Jan. 10/09

zacs

Lifetime Membership
Help us make national headlines!

Here is another link for Avy Awareness Days.

Snowmobiler TV will be there so put on your best duds and make western Canada proud by showing how the snowmobile community is proactive in avalanche training.

Avalanche Awareness Days

This week I accepted interviews by 1 national and 3 provincial crews, one newspaper and 2 radio stations to offer training tips and travel habits. More than one reporter asked if avy training was mandatory and whether the backcountry should be closed to keep snowmobilers from dieing.
This is a scary thought, but realize this is something that often runs through the minds of legislators and people that do not participate in our sport.

The way to settle these fears is to highlight the positive growth in training and informed travel. Numbers count. Please join us!!

Randy & I will be running some beacon exercises on Jan 10 at Boulder Mountain and could use 2 volunteers to help. Donate a few hours and pick up some new search tips for free!
If anyone is available, please contact me at by email mailto:lori@zacstracs.com

Thanks and all the best to everyone in the new year. Lori Z.

Premium Features