• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 king cat riders ???

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
a friend of mine just bought a '05 king cat sled has 1000 miles boondocker box, slp pipe and can, simmons skis, boss seat

there anything i should tell him about this sled problems? tweaks? tips? tricks? common issues? pointers? thoughts on the setup? boondocker box tips?

anything would be great!
thanks in advance

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Put an anti-stab kit on and keep the track loose. Change the helix in the secondary to a 51* I have no box #'s for you.

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
keep the bearings greased , the one by the speedo cable housing below the secondary, and the one behind the secondary, if your out ridin and the speedo stops working , time to turn around and head her home, the bearing is about to fail.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
X2 on the chain. That motor makes a TON of torque snaps the chain like tinsel. Also the motor has a wicked lean spot, be careful riding down the road at a steady throttle. I would suggest adding some fuel at about 5000 RPM.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
The hyvo chain is what Polaris sleds run, not sure where to get the conversion equivalent maybe check with a cat dealer or possibly Western Power Sports. You will need gears to match.

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Who can sell HYVO chain and gears?

Anyone who is a Western Power Sports supplied dealer. I would call Fastrax in Puyallup, if you are here in the northwest. Also Jakes small engines in North Dakota. Jake is a snowester on here, and had me a set of gears and a chain in a day or two. His username is Sledstew, he has a website also -www.jakessmallengine.com Give him some bussiness he treated me right! -00's

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
I was looking at Jakes website.......

He has a link to a WPS catolog. So anyone can look up the part numbers. The catolog also has the numbers for converting all sleds to HYVO gears. Good Luck-00's

P
Nov 22, 2008
BC
definitely replace the chain. stock one lasts on season maybe. don't run around 6000 rpm on trails or you will b buying a new motor(hard lesson) unles the lean spot has been eliminated. other than that, BOSS seat and forward steering post. O ya, it does NOT like running rich at all(useless trip)

Premium Features