• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Jemez Riders Out There

C
Mar 13, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
Went to the Jemez on Sunday, there was probably 2-3ft on the ground and we had a great time, no broken sleds or bodies. Not a lot of hill climbs but plenty of turns to be made for sure. Even found acouple of new areas no one had ridden, and that we had never found before in 5 years of riding up there, and it is only 1hr from the house for us.

Thinking about Cumbres or Hopewell this weekend. Anyone got any reports on Hopewell. Hopewell Snotel says 4ft, should be pretty good.

I must say this winter is starting out SUPER!

H

hopewell64

Oct 30, 2008
buddies and i rode south of hopewell this sunday, went to T bone ranch and canjilon lakes, snow was awesome a honest 4 feet in places, should be really good this weekend. we probably will be going up friday and sat. I work for the L.A. fleet dept. where you at.

C
Mar 13, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
We all live in Los Alamos/White Rock. I was thinking about going toward San Antonio Mtn, from Hopewell Sat. We'll see, one of my riding buddies bent some stuff today??? We haven't riden much there (Hopewll) it's a little closer than cumbres, but with as much snow as the have up there at Cumbres I think there will be a lot of shoveling.

B
We all live in Los Alamos/White Rock. I was thinking about going toward San Antonio Mtn, from Hopewell Sat. We'll see, one of my riding buddies bent some stuff today??? We haven't riden much there (Hopewll) it's a little closer than cumbres, but with as much snow as the have up there at Cumbres I think there will be a lot of shoveling.

hey there , i live in santa fe and there is only 10 to 15 mile difference in travel to 64 or to cumbres . cumbres being a bit farther the snow diff is surprising . there will be a bit of shoveling this weekend BUT thats what sledding is all about .if you ride with 4 to 5 guys getting unstuck becomes a lot less work . if you are intrested in riding cumbres sometime we can hook up , i would be intrested in riding jemez sometime this season . is there good tree riding there?

H

hopewell64

Oct 30, 2008
only problem i see riding to san anton from hopewell is if you cross cisneros park the snow gets blown away exposing a lot of rocks. be careful there if you go that route.

Premium Features