• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any need / reason to put no slip drivers on King Cat?

S

SuaveGato

Jul 1, 2008
has anyone had any slipping / ratcheting issues with their King cat? The reason I ask is that I'm going to have the drive shaft out while changing the track and just wondered if It's worth doing while I'm there or a waste of money? ($160). I am running an anti-stab kit regardless, so that's a non-issue. I haven't had any ratchet problems but wondered if others have and I may be running the track a bit loser when I ad the anti-stab kit, so might get some ratcheting then? Anyone have any input?
thanks,

Last edited:
S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
anti ratchet

I did it to mine and other things at the same time, I run it pretty loose and have never racheted. that being said I remember it being a pain in the butt and that $ spent elsewhere whould have been better.

My bang forthe buck change the gearing HUGE difference.

I have a 45 bottom I will sell I want a 46. I'm 260 and 2.5x162 could use a little more help.

Apr 21, 2008
I would say it would be worthwhile. Just from experience of running extro's, you can run the track A LOT looser so it robs less power in rolling resistance. Just my thoughts.

S

SuaveGato

Jul 1, 2008
Interesting... I plan on porting the track, that should lighten it up some and make it a little more flexible too. maybe I will just run without the extro's and see how lose I can go before ratchiting... if it becomes a problem, then I'll add them I just wnated to know if it was a MANDITORY "no brainer" that I will def. need, so I could do it while I have it apart.

I thought about looking onto some lower gears too. I'm 6'5" about 280 Lbs. and not interested in top end speed, so that may be money better spent for me?

thanks

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I have an 04' so no anti's and I run my track with 2" of sag on the track and have never had problems with it ratcheting.

S

SuaveGato

Jul 1, 2008
I have an 04' so no anti's and I run my track with 2" of sag on the track and have never had problems with it ratcheting.

cool, thanks. sounds like I might be trying to solve a problem I don't or won't even have... money better spent somewhere else? also, thought i heard that you have to have a fully clipped track to run extro's anyway? BTW, what is the factory recomended sag, isn't it more like 2.5"?
thanks,
biGjOhn

Z
Dec 6, 2007
Edmonton
On my 136" 800 I run the ported track REALLY loose and can only remember ratcheting one time when I caught a stump (probably good I did ratchet!).

S

SuaveGato

Jul 1, 2008
Thanks guys, sounds reasonable. 2" w/o weight makes sense too... I think I'll just run it without and with the anti-stab kit, I'll just losen it as much as reasonable or until it ratchets, then tightne from there.
thanks,
biGjOhn

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I do mean sag without any pulling on it. It's a ported 16 wide mav. with every third wndow unclipped. Ran it one trip with just 1 clip every three and it had too much drag. I also have the SJ drop brackets, so my track does not tighten up as much as a standard factory skid does when it is compressed.

Premium Features