• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to get the Trailshead webcam to work(XP and Vista)

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Here's what you need to do to get the Trailshead webcam to work. Refer to the pictures, this is for Windows XP, you need to be signed in under an Administrator account. I will provide a Vista how to later.

attachment.php

attachment.php

After that you should see a popup that gives you an option to "Install" Axis Media Control. You want to click install. It should then work, if not close Internet Explorer and try again. Post any questions here that you have.

1.jpg 2.jpg

D
Dec 9, 2007
hudson, south dakota
lol, thanks so much for your effort. I appreciate it a lot. I think i am just having a bad brainfart, but how do i get under adminstrator on my computer? I tried it and when i right clicked the tab on top to download it it didn't do anything. I don't know why i am making it so difficult from the looks of it

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
i see you are using I.E. to open it up right now but have you had any luck getting the cam to open up using google chrome. i prefer to use it for my browser and cant get it to work.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
lol, thanks so much for your effort. I appreciate it a lot. I think i am just having a bad brainfart, but how do i get under adminstrator on my computer? I tried it and when i right clicked the tab on top to download it it didn't do anything. I don't know why i am making it so difficult from the looks of it

You need to LEFT CLICK it. :beer;:D

A

acsnoracer69

Nov 29, 2007
Harrisburg, SD
That cam (or my computer) sucks!!!

Sure would be nice if I could get that cam to work on my computer!! I've tried everything, and still get the saying it can't be registered on my computer. I'm using Vista. Is there any way the cam could be set different so it actually works for more than a few people?? Everyone I've personally talked to has this same issue--I don't know of one person that it actually works for.

S
Feb 11, 2008
Moorhead, MN
this is how I got it to work on Vista.

I got the same error, and I am running Vista. I did a little research and it said to go to Start , all programs, find the IE line, right click and say to run as administrator. I then went to the trailshead site and was able to load and see the snow banks.

P

polarisedge

Feb 20, 2008
NE SD

I got the same error, and I am running Vista. I did a little research and it said to go to Start , all programs, find the IE line, right click and say to run as administrator. I then went to the trailshead site and was able to load and see the snow banks.

That worked for me as well

A

acsnoracer69

Nov 29, 2007
Harrisburg, SD

I have tried this dozens of times, with no luck!! Probably my computer--it's been a big POS since it was brand new!!

Premium Features