• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509FILMS bad business

hey everyone, is anyone else having any problems with 509films? i talked a friend into ordering a set of goggles and there bluray a couple months ago because i have there goggles and had nothing but good dealings with them, so he ordered the stuff and about a month later received the goggles with a dvd saying that the bluray wasnt available yet. sounds good but now its 3 months later and he still hasnt received the bluray and both he and I have sent about 10 emails with no response from them at all. imo this is HORRIBLE business ethics, i was gonna order some new goggles and lens but am holding off now to see if anything is gonna be done by them, looks like im gonna have to buy some new goggles from someone who answers there customers and actually send what was paid for.:mad: am i alone here? i know they are a site sponsor and frequent the site so im hoping maybe this public display will get some answers.

A
Dec 11, 2007
Still waiting for my Blu-Ray too. Got the comp. dvd to hold me over, but that was in Sept. Guess there are more people having the same issue.

W
Jun 27, 2008
I have not had any issues. I mean I haven't needed to get a hold of them for anything but I ordered two set of goggles. The first set was supposed to be for the left over 08 goggles for 50.00. They sent me the 09's instead because they must of sold out and anted to make good on the order. The second set came within a week and they send a dvd with it for free.

So far I have had no issues and they have done good by me.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
from what I have seen and heard emails are pointless they do not work, this post will work and people get offended but it gets there attention. not very good with communication but takes care of it in the end

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i had the same trouble with my goggles. he was logged on but wouldn't pm me. took 11 day to get them. not a good way to run a buissness

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Tom is a great guy... and has some of the best products out there.... worth a little wait if he doesnt get back with you in a couple days..

T
Jan 8, 2008
www.team2powersports.com
Hey Guys,

Tom is a great guy to deal with and sometimes he cannot answer every pm or email as fast as you would like but he is usually out riding or filming so have a little patience. If you have any questions besides regarding the status of an order placed directly through them, feel free to give us a call or pm us as we are a 509 dealer and have alot of the items in stock. Right now, we have 4 pair of the Skull frame goggles in stock and 5 copies of the new "Evolution" film in stock.

P

powderman800

Jan 28, 2008
Kennewick, WA
No problems

I have ordered from 509 Films multiple times and NEVER had ANY problems. My movies or goggles always get delivered in less than a week. Like team2 said he is probably out riding, and yes I'd be miffed if I did not get what a payed for so I know were you are coming from. Best of luck to you. PM8.

Tom is a great guy... and has some of the best products out there.... worth a little wait if he doesnt get back with you in a couple days..

couple days, ya no problem waiting for a couple days but hmmm... lets see... this has been since the start of october... so ya about 90 days or so. they had no problem takin the money off the visa the first day i sent it them. this is just ridiculous, i dont care if they are riding or not. if this is how they run there business it aint gonna be there all that much longer.

A

A4pdot

Jan 30, 2008
North Vancouver
**** Happens

I ordered the BlueRay and some goggles myself. I can understand that these things happen. Its not like their a huge corporation, they send out a dvd movie to tie over their orders and asked for a little patience with the Blue Ray. These guys are fellow sledders and should be given a break. They make great movies and sell quality products. Ya not answering emails is lame, but it's snowing......what the hell am I doing on a computer..... peace out....

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Just found this thread. Here's my response...

Here's the deal with blu-ray. It's a joke for a small business/film maker such as myself to have them made 'legally'. I've been at this for months and it's a very slow and daunting process. It's not like a DVD where you just call up any of thousands of replications companies, cut them a check for a few grand and have a stack of replicated DVDs at your door step in a few weeks. Blu-ray is governed by an organization called AACS (Advanced Access Content System). This is a coalition of large corps who've invested in Blu-ray. AACS's purported mission is to protect the film maker from Blu-ray bootlegging. This is a false front. The AACS's content protection method has already been hacked. Yet, I am still REQUIRED to purchase a AACS license in order to produce blu-rays. To the tune of $3000. It doesn't stop there. There are license fees for numerous other things including using the Blu-ray logo, royalties per disc made, etc. So basically it can cost around $5000 before even one disc is produced. There is a reason no company in the industry has gone through the BR replication process by the books. Heck I haven't heard of any company in the action sports industry in general that has done it. AACS essentially squashes the 'little guy' and favors the big corps. Even still, 509 WILL be the first company to successfully replicate a blu-ray snowmobile title. And darn proud when it happens.

I don't have a date when this will happen unfortunately. It will be this winter and hopefully before too much longer. I have been shipping all Blu-ray orders a free DVD version as you mentioned. If you feel that hasn't been enough to compensate for the wait, I'll gladly issue a full refund and still ship your BR copy when they come in. Your call.

Not sure you wanted a back story on the dirty industry of BR replication, but there you have it. Merry Christmas :beer;

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
it took me 6 months to get my free copy of VA, i came on here and talked to larry and he had one laying around.

i ordered my goggles and glasses and VA 2-3 weeks before christmas and got them in the middle of january. minus the VA

Interesting. If my memory serves me correctly we received your order several weeks after we ended our free DVD promotion, yet still shipped you one once we saw you felt you were entitled to one. :rolleyes:

I'll say, it's tough staying on top of things during the busy season, but one thing I will promise is I ALWAYS make right, no matter the situation.

Premium Features