• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone from Minnesota going out west this winter from MN and need Avalanche Gear?????

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
I have 4 packs, 4 metal shovels, 4 probes and 4 tracker DTS avalanche beacons to rent.

Just having this gear does NOT guarantee your safety - you need to know how to use it. I highly recommend an avalanche class. That being said - this is about $1800+ worth of equipment so it may be cost prohibitive for some to buy it and only use it three days a year.

2 setups are brand new this year the other 2 have only been used on 4 or 5 trips and everything is in excellent condition. All beacons with come with batteries in them AND brand new batteries also as spares. 3 packs are HMK and one is a smaller BCA stash pack. All shovels are metal and either BCA brand Voile or HMK and two have saws in the handles.

I will rent these out on a weekly basis as needed and you can rent one to four of them. If you rent all four I will include a SnoBunje Cobra (sled to sled) at no extra cost for the rental. Rental is $35 per week per setup (pack,shovel,probe,beacon). I'll also rent out just the beacons for $25 per week.

I am in White Bear Lake Minnesota in the northeast corner of the metro area. If you are interested please email me at Wahlrus@comcast.net

Thanks for looking and safe sledding.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Don't mean to steal your biz, but

The Midwest Mountain Riders club in Duluth has some to rent too. If in the Duluth area , you can PM me.

Owen

S

sledordie

Dec 13, 2008
Everyone should looking into renting or owning those devices. I've been talking to the locals out there and its not looking good, slides everywhere. Be smart and safe.

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
Most of the winter is booked up for using the gear - the only dates that aren't confirmed and are still open are Feb 15-28 and after March 8. Hopefully next year I may be able to purchase more gear. Thanks to ALL who've responded - and again I'm sorry to all those whose dates I haven't been able to fit in.

You can email me at wahlrus@comcast.net if you are interested in the gear.

Last edited:
S

Superjag

Jan 30, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Borderstaff is a good egg. He rented me his enclosed trailer last year without knowing me from Adam. It came in real handy for getting rid of all those dead hookers...

Last edited:
Premium Features