• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slides in Colorado and Utah today.

B
Dec 28, 2007
I have now heard of three seperate slides that happened today. One in Blue Ski Basin at Vail, one at Snowbird in NOrth Baldy, and another outside of the ropes at the Canyons also in Utah. The snowbird slide burried one woman for nearly an hour, the BSB slide partially buried the skier who set it off, and the canyons slide also buried the skier. Both of the inbounds slides occured in areas that had been ski cut and bombed. There is some funky snow layers right now, that will only get worse with all this new snow. Be safe and use your head out there, not just your right hand!!!!!!!!

B
Dec 28, 2007
yes- that really sucked. volunteered for the probe line today at snowbird. I hope the person makes it.

No such luck. This is proof that it doesn't matter if your the first or last person on a slope, it can slide at any time. I had friends that passed up on the line that slid because it looked too tracked up. :beer;Heres to you Heather, enjoy the never ending powday in the sky.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Just heard on the news that two riders killed today in Utah??? Anyone else hear this. I hope its not true. Be careful!

Premium Features