• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for riding partners/mid week/Bend area

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
I am looking for riding partners/mid week/Bend area.
I would prefer riding in the back country and generally will stick to the technical areas, would rather ride then sit at the bottom of Moon Mountain and watch. No maniacs please.
MWF are my best days, sometimes weekends.
Please PM with your contact no./e-mail.
Thanks.
Winter.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Winter if my job keeps me in Klamath I'd love to come up and ride. With the economy in the tank I may have to relocate for the winter. :( The crew I ride with mainly rides weekdays anyway and it'd be nice to ride a different area. OREGON700RMK never works weekdays either. I'm actually not sure if he works. ;) I'll keep it touch.

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
klamath

Winter if my job keeps me in Klamath I'd love to come up and ride. With the economy in the tank I may have to relocate for the winter. :( The crew I ride with mainly rides weekdays anyway and it'd be nice to ride a different area. OREGON700RMK never works weekdays either. I'm actually not sure if he works. ;) I'll keep it touch.

Yes, do let me know, I would also like to get to Klamath to ride, I have not had a chance to ride there yet.

O
Nov 26, 2001
Grants Pass, OR
Hey, I do work sometimes. It's just that you've never called me and wanted to ride on any of those days. Winter, As we've had such good Snow locally we haven't headed your way in the last couple years but who knows what this year will bring. Feel free to contact us if you want to ride here on the South side as we always seem to have room for one or two more. Jason, Hope that things turn around for you and you can even burn some of my Firewood at the Cabin free of charge. Dan

Last edited:
W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
Wednesday

I will be up testing and doing set-up on some IQRs on Wednesday Dec 24 at Wanoga, if any of you folks are up there come over and introduce yourself's. I'll be on Polaris IQRs, you can't mistake them for anything else.
After this week I should be ready to go and will phone some of you guys who have posted PMs.
Has anyone been up to the high Country from Wanoga?
How was the trail?, downed trees/rocks and such?
Thanks

T
Apr 1, 2008
Bend, OR
I would prefer riding in the back country and generally will stick to the technical areas, would rather ride then sit at the bottom of Moon Mountain and watch. No maniacs please.

Sounds good to me. I am sometimes able to go up during the week. I live in SW Bend and can get up the hill pretty quick. I've traditionally ridden out of 3 creeks and would like to explore more of the southern end of the Bend riding area, so riding out of wanoga or edison (or vista-butte or dutchman even for that matter) would be cool and i'm sure I'll learn something. I'll PM you my phone #.

-Troy Smith

(also, i've been looking for people to do some sled-accessed backcountry skiing/snowboarding, if you're into that)

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
"No maniacs please."
well i better look that one up in the dictionary first:)

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Riding around Bend

Whoa, seasoned vets one and all, if y'all are willin to drag a noob around and have a good laugh (and help me dig myself out on occasion) I live in SE Bend and have 2-3 weekdays free each week, the day(s) vary a bit but I have a fair bit of mid week time and am compleatly off from 12/24 until 01/01.

Cheers:beer;

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Oooohhh damn, I'm a thread killer:eek:

Seriously, I'm new but don't plan on being inexperienced for long, and Troy, if that's you from over at BDS lets hook up, I'm a 20year telemark ski vet and have been known to strap on a snow board from time to time too, maybe you also ride a V- Strom???:cool:

T
Apr 1, 2008
Bend, OR
yup, that's me. I'm game sometime. Are you Woodsweapon? Live in LaPine? 20 years telemarking eh? YOu sound like a good candidate to ride paulina peak with me. I want to leave a sled at the bottom and take another sled to the top then ski/board the NE face of the peak.

I have to work today, so can't make it up to play with Winter, which is too bad because i'm very curious about these IQR mountain sleds of his. But I am off from thurs-sun.

What are you riding FNG?

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Naw, Woodsweapon is one of "the Matts" over at BDS and he burned his sled up last year:eek:, I only heard the story about that and don't know the details but there are pics and a story line over on the BDS site. I used to go under Dakarrider over there and on the V-Strom site but I mostly lurk on those two sites now as I'm not riding dirt at all these days and the snow is keeping my Strom in the garage intil spring.

I ride an 01 Summit 700 and live in SE Bend (and am looking for a single sled trailer for my Subaru).

I've PM'd you my number.

T
Apr 1, 2008
Bend, OR
Oh, I have a v-strom too. And i have a single place snowmo trailer for sale. I used one just like it to haul my sled behind a subaru legacy that i had up until a few months ago. I use it for motorcycles too, works great. I can give you a call on monday about it.

Went up to dutchman today. Snow was GREAT. I had some troubles though. I think my carbs were icing up, or maybe my exhaust or intake was getting clogged with snow. Sled would start losing power after a few minutes of riding around in the deep snow. The hood was getting completely covered and the intake vent by the handlebar stem was getting caked as well.

I was riding by myself and got stuck a few times. First two times were no big deal, just did lots of shoveling to make sure i could get going. Third time was a doozy, got stuck pointing uphill but couldn't really turn around, so i had to clear a runway ahead of me and try to crawl out going uphill. It worked except somehow my belt gave up. I wasn't slipping it much (Honest!). Anyway it was a bit of a fiasco and i almost ended up walking out! Even though i was probably only 200 yards from moon mtn, i was allllll alone. Made me rethink going out by myself. I would've been ok, i had snowshoes, but it would have been a long walk.

Anyway, maybe i should try to sort a couple things out before i go up again. Not quite sure what to do though, more venting perhaps?

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Yes, yesterday was an epic day at Mt B, was able to find freshies and pow stashes almost all day. My legs are recovering but oh-my-god a full day of teli skiing really makes a guys thighs burn this early in the season.

Gotta admit I'm kinda frustrated right now as my sled is stuck in town until I get some way to get it to the trails, so if you get a chance call me before Monday about the trailer, today would be cool. I was planning on just picking up one of those little trailers from Harbor freight or Bi-Mart today and making it work, I really want something a bit beafier than that but time and finnances may dictate going the cheap route for now.

Long walk from Moon Mtn in this snow, I pretty much plan on keeping within a couple-a-hundred yards of some well traveled trail when riding solo for a long while.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
u 2 really need to hook up and stop riding solo.because i dont want to see some frozen sledder when im out there boondocking:eek::D

Last edited:
T
Apr 1, 2008
Bend, OR
yeah it could be bad news if i was out there long enough and really froze solid i could damage a ski or something! :)

Hey I think i'm gonna go up tomorrow. I'll probably go up to either Vista Butte snowpark and ride toward Kwolh Butte or go to Dutchman and head in toward moon mtn and whatnot. But i'm open to suggestion. Anybody wanna join? PM me for phone number if you don't already have it.

-Troy

Last edited:
Premium Features