• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Status of taylors fork???

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
I would say its okay. Probably not as good as Buck. The storms have been staying on the northern part of the Madison and Gallatin ranges. I would say there's probably a little bit more than what carrot is reading on the snotel. It snowed until 1:30 in Biggy today. It was coming down hard. Not long and it will be great.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Last I heard it was okay up high but you'll be riding mud to find the snow. Last nights storm brought 12" to Big Sky so it may be better now.

B

Bentwrench

Jan 21, 2009
Taylor 1-23-09

Hello all!
Rode Taylor Fork today. Road is good going in to Wapati Junction/Trailhead. Parking lot is in good shape and hard. Trail is smooth as glass, freshly groomed.
The snow is ok.... not superb, but still rideable. You can climb about anything and there are some slopes that have not slid yet, so take all precautions!
It truly needs about a foot of snow to make it worth going, but if you're a tree nut, there is a lot of fluffy stuff in there.
Take care, DONT ride the road and keep an eye out for your riding partner(s)

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Hello all!
Rode Taylor Fork today. Road is good going in to Wapati Junction/Trailhead. Parking lot is in good shape and hard. Trail is smooth as glass, freshly groomed.
The snow is ok.... not superb, but still rideable. You can climb about anything and there are some slopes that have not slid yet, so take all precautions!
It truly needs about a foot of snow to make it worth going, but if you're a tree nut, there is a lot of fluffy stuff in there.
Take care, DONT ride the road and keep an eye out for your riding partner(s)

You said in your last post not to ride the road. What road are you talking about? The one from 191 to the parking lot? If that's the one your talking about, how do you get from the parking lot by the highway to the trailhead by the other parking lot?

Last edited:
Premium Features