• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

guided sled trip in Whitefish, MT

C

chip13

Nov 23, 2008
Minneapolis
Taking my son on sled trip to the mountains for his graduation gift. Would like to take Amtrak to Whitefish, MT and find a guide/sled rental place there. Anyone familiar with outfitters in the area?

My son is a seasoned midwestern trail rider but never experienced mountain riding. I've been to the Big Horns a few times.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I live in whitefish, great place to come stay, DONT go with J&L if you wanna ride trails in a line. Extreme motorsports will drop off the rental sleds at the hill for you and pick you up, no guides, but they have sleds that dont suck, rev 600 144's, so nothing crazy, but plenty to ride with.... when you planning on doing this?? if its between dec 18 to jan 12, fill my sled up and i will ride with him all day everyday and show him everwhere, heck honestly, i will do it for free, he can come with our group, we ride tons of terrain thats easy to get to and right of the trail.

C

chip13

Nov 23, 2008
Minneapolis
Whitefish trip

Thanks for the offer. We'd be out there late Jan. or Feb. I'll be riding with him. Wanted a guide to get us to the good areas and back without getting lost. GPS can't do it all.

Sounds like Extreme Motorsports rents the better sleds. We've been riding '05 Renegade 136, '05 Sabercat EXT 144 and now a '07 M8 162.

What are the better lodges in the area?

Thanks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hehe, depends on what you wanna spend man!!! anything from the whitefish lake lodge$$$$$$ to just your normal hotels. look around, theres tons of places to stay, just depends on the budget, it honestly a really easy place to go out and explore on your own... i could get you setup to go ride, basically just ride the trail in and have a blast in all the stuff close to it, plenty of good stuff to ride.

T
Feb 24, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Yeah, J&L doesnt even rent anything bigger than a 550Fan:( but, they do guie, but they just run up to the ski run, its a pretty genaric riding area... There is another outfit here that rents sleds in Olney which is about 20mins north of whitefish. They rent RMK 600's 155" track I think....Theyre number is 406-756-2523. Im not sure if they guide or not, but hes a pretty cool guy to deal with, maybe you guys could work something out;)

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
heck just spend a little extra and go to cooke! you can rent 800 xp's or dragons and the exxon in town. my dad took me there for my grad. presant last year and it was AMAZING! we had deep snow and great weather. it was the best trip i have ever had and i will never forrget the time with him there!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
oh man, i forgot about the guy out of olney, i always see his add in the fish fables, or whatever there called in kalispell, but yeah, the rent dragon 600 155's and im pretty dang sure he will guide you, i ran into him up on the hill, great guy to deal with, i wanna say its winter wonderland sports or something. check em out.

Premium Features