• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow in upper michigan

sledboy82

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2008
Fargo, ND
check out johndee.com. great website for u.p. riders. it looks like good rideing in the twin lakes area about 16-20 inches on the ground and more snow in the forecast. THINK SNOW!!!!!!!

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
I just got back from Wakefield and the snow was great! about a 6" base with a fresh 2 feet on top. The trails were the best I have ever seen them up there. Sled traffic was very, very low. We did not run across any other sleds in the backcountry either.

T
Oct 15, 2008
It's been in the teens the past couple days, so that's helping the lakes, but they still aren't really anything more than a skin. I'd stay off at least until January.

Oct 20, 2008
south range
Hows the backcountry riding looking?
I'm going to be In south range in a couple of weeks
we got over a foot last night/today and are expecting another foot sat/sun. there is a great base from the slight thaw last weekend and there is prolly two feet on top of that if not more towards painesdale/toivola/twin lakes areas. u still have to watch for stumps. ask me how i know.

Premium Features