• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone here about the hillcross race at sierra summit!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
Anyone think we can get a hillcross or hill climb event at sierra summit or somewhere in this area. Theres tons of riders scattered all over these parts we can have one big event and give the proceds to help keeping our riding area open or bayshore grommed. It would still be fun either way big or small.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
They have been trying to do something down there for years and have yet to do it. Not sure if it is the management at Sierra Summit or getting permits from the Forest Service, but it hasn't happened. Supposedly last year they got a permit to do a Hillcross over near Bear Butte.....but it didn't happen. Plus, it was not a good location at all. The only place down there that would be worth doing something is at the Summit, but that is a tough one to crack. Steve Sherry from Lakeshore and Dave and Mark at Rancheria have been working on it, but other than the snowcross, I don't see anything down there happening.

N
Mar 25, 2005
Jeff,

You need to post a link to the Safety commercial you did! I just caught that last night watching the news frigging funny as he!!.

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
Awesome, tell boomer we will tread lightly. Or even if we did some sort of hillcross race up the express trail. you could start by the lodge and finish near the top? Somthing. everywhere else has races and hillclimbs and we have a grass drag event in hanford. I can try to get a few other peopl to talk to boomer. If we dont try it will never happen.

JT.ca

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Fresno, CA
I think Academy might be the only run you could handle on that mountain
Mo-Flow

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Yeah, but it's not that steep. How about the run right in front of the resort; just left of "The Face"?? That would be a good hillclimb!!!

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
Jeff,

You need to post a link to the Safety commercial you did! I just caught that last night watching the news frigging funny as he!!.

LOL...thanks john. we actually shot that thing 2 years ago last minute for the fresno fire dept. we didn't have time to hire actors so...

jill is pissed everytime it runs because she was 9 months pregnant with jett!

jeff

N
Mar 25, 2005
LOL...thanks john. we actually shot that thing 2 years ago last minute for the fresno fire dept. we didn't have time to hire actors so...

jill is pissed everytime it runs because she was 9 months pregnant with jett!

jeff

I was wondering about that because she sure did not look pregnant at the premier:eek:

Premium Features