• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where the FU^% is the snow?

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
have been dancing my azz off--- I'm going to stop maybe that will help!!

sorry blame me I bought a new sled seems to happen every-time!!!

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hmm, mine is broken, that should mean epic deep pow???

on a serious note, last year t-day i went up to a lake by me, went again today and there was a few inches more snow and snow line is about 1000 feet lower this year, so dont count it out just yet, last year started LATE in NW montana, but when it got going you all know what happend, dont get worried, it will come.

the valley we live in is normally really socked in with clouds, this fall into winter has been VERY sunny, the water is still somewhere, just waiting to get back.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I went up yesterday and there was more snow this year than last year up above gardiner. Last year the first time i went out was december 12th and it was sketchy.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I went up yesterday and there was more snow this year than last year up above gardiner. Last year the first time i went out was december 12th and it was sketchy.
exactly, we werent able to ride our normal area until the second weekend in DEC last winter, we got really worried, then poof, 3 weeks later we were riding stuff that was normally never cover all winter.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
just a skiff of snow up by choteau....other than that there is NOTHING! it makes me sick...i was wearing a t shirt yesterday...just depressing

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
No snow this year, bare ground all year long. Might as well sell your sleds.

I will buy any 01 or newer mtn sled in excellent shape for 20$ cash...right now!!!! Just think how much the cash will help out for christmas right now!!!!

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Its snowing again in the Madison Range. The northern half received 5" in the last 24. Suppose to have snow showers through the day. Its coming. Next week looks alot more promising too.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
looks like the tabacco roots are forcasting around another foot tonight into tommorow.

getting there, definately a slow start, oh well, my sled aint even done yet, so i can wait.

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
I live in se Idaho and we have green grass showing. My bday is on the 21st and I told the wife that I was gonna go somewhere riding for it. It sounds like Montana is gonna be the only place with snow. Any recomendations for the best place to go are appreciated. I think about 3 of my employees are coming with me. We just don't know where to plan on heading.
Thanks
Pr

If you live in SE idaho, your probably a few hours from the gallatin canyon (191) in Montana. West is usually pretty good but the storms have been tracking just north of there. I would try Cabin creek, Tepee Creek, Taylor Fork, or Bucks ridge. Cabin and tepee are about 10 miles north of west. taylor is about 35 and buck is just south of big sky or about 50 north of west. They all have very good riding and pretty good size. There is 28" south of Taylor Fork and are suppose to get a good storm starting tommorow. Not a huge one but sound pretty promising for 6-8". Also this coming week is suppose to be unsettled. Pray for snow.

Premium Features