• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Springs Phazer ??

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Where can I find a set of heaver springs for the rear of the skid? 08 MTX Seems way under sprung to me. The dealer said maybe a set for a two up venture? Any after market sets out there. Dino

O.B.

Lifetime Membership
Mar 24, 2008
missoula mt
I put a set on the one we have go with the venture springs theres two to choose from go with the heavy of the two one part number is 8GC-47474-00. Made a big diffrence

whatryan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
lemars iowa
mt tamer got a set up for the phazer its i little spendy for me i bite the bullet for a turbo kit may be next year

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
There is a second hole just behind the the spring slide on the rail, move that back to that second hole. It will shorten the lever on the spring and make the stock spring just right for up to a 200 Lb rider no cost takes about 1/2 hour to do. Definitely one thing to try before you spend a pile of dough.
My Girlfriend at 135 pounds likes it on the softest setting and it is fine for me on the stiffest setting at 220LB.

Cheers.........

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
There is a second hole just behind the the spring slide on the rail, move that back to that second hole. It will shorten the lever on the spring and make the stock spring just right for up to a 200 Lb rider no cost takes about 1/2 hour to do. Definitely one thing to try before you spend a pile of dough.
My Girlfriend at 135 pounds likes it on the softest setting and it is fine for me on the stiffest setting at 220LB.

Cheers.........
Well I ve heard of dooing that, but I guess I dont see the second hole on the skid:eek::confused: I have looked and just dooing the skid relocate to make the 153 work I still dont see it....I am sure if you were standing there pointing it out to me I would feel more stupid:eek:...I will look again for the"second hole" Dino

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT

Cheers.........
OK I just looked again at the sled...:)...I was looking at the rear mount, your talking about the front mount, my bad,:eek: you explained it good. There seems to be more than just one hole. You moved yours back one. I will try that. COME ON SNOW . Dino

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
It is the first hole right behind the wheel where it is hard to see.
THE OTHER HOLES ARE FOR THE ANTI BOTTOMING STOPER INSTALLATION.
I TRYED THAT AND DID NOT LIKE IT AS THEY COME ON TO LATE, I ALSO SET THE SUSPENSION TO COUPLE UP A BIT SOONER THAT HELPS AS WELL.
I removed the original coupler blocks and put a aluminium shaft there instead with plastic donuts as stoppers just a bit bigger than the stock stoppers.
I think it couples about a 1/4 inch sooner.

Premium Features