• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kawasaki Question.

T
Nov 20, 2008
Okay, I have an old Kawasaki sled. Somewhere in the 70's or 80's. Well, when I start it up, I have to rev REALLY high in order for it to even inch forward....I don't really know much about sleds at all...but is this a clutch problem? Someone told me the clutch spring was shot or something, that's why it won't move when you throttle it. Thanks a bunch.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Could be the clutch or a drive train problem. Remove the belt and lift the track off the ground. Try to rotate track. It should roll around without too much effort. If not, might be a bad bearing somewhere. The clutch might be frozen up from sitting around. Do not apply oil to it. Use of a dry lubricant like silicone spray might loosen it up. Does the clutch have a hex shaped shaft or round one ?

F
Nov 27, 2007
Peace River
What year and model. What do you consider high rpms. We used to run Kawasaki's and 5000 to 5500 rpm engagement wasn't uncommon. Clutch bushings could be seized. Without taking it apart who knows.

Premium Features