• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Its snowning in Bozeman

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
ha, yeah, its taking its time, but its getting there, taylors fork snotel as right at 2 feet that has been hanging there, so its all base, so this new stuff should be ready to ride.

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
My parents went hiking yesterday up Storm Castle. They did it in there t-shirts and no snow at all. If you think you can ride taylor you better have a 4-wheeler to take you to 8000 feet. Pray for anow

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hey, i didnt say anything about how low it went, just saying, there is snow, just drove from butte to bozo and back, things were wet on the way down, but on the way back just low clouds but nothing more, hopefully the storm this weekend pans out into something decent

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
hey, i didnt say anything about how low it went, just saying, there is snow, just drove from butte to bozo and back, things were wet on the way down, but on the way back just low clouds but nothing more, hopefully the storm this weekend pans out into something decent

Hey, relax. Just telling you that the snow levels need to come down in elevation. Its just been to warm. The mountains around Big Sky need another 2-3 feet before any possible riding. Tonight they are saying 2-4 in the valleys which could be 4-8 in the mts. Lets just keep are fingers crossed, because I would love to go snowmobiling earlier than later.

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
I think all the guys who went sledding after that early snow storm and bragged and posted pictures have ruined it for all of us. Come on snow already!!!

Sorry about that Team Wild... It was just too good to miss. Now I have no snow itch and am perfectly content until after Thanks Giving before I will have to itch it. By then hopefully somewhere in S. MT will be ready for me to go land mine hunting...

Oh and just to rub it in here are some more from Oct 12th and 19th :D

HPIM0114.jpg HPIM0106.jpg 011.jpg 003.jpg

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
I am hoping we get lots more snow. I have got the itch real bad. Maybe someone needs to make a cream for it.... Hummm I could get rich..

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, girlfriend called said was going good in bozo, we got about 2-3 inches in butte, but it was rainy first so it take a while to get uptown!!!

the hills around town got hit all day, should be good for getting things built up now.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
WOW, we just had a 10 car pile up right outside our campus, a cop even rear-ended someone!!!

rain into snow combo'd with sudden drop in temps.

B
Dec 22, 2002
Billings, MT
WOW, we just had a 10 car pile up right outside our campus, a cop even rear-ended someone!!!

rain into snow combo'd with sudden drop in temps.

Yeah, roads are slicker than greased whale sh!t here in Billings too. We started off right away at 9:30AM with snow but ground temps kept the snow melting on the roads making them wet until dusk. Now it's in the twentys and icy got about 3" here at the house and still snowing.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, with the fact buck is so high all along the ridge i bet the fields are pretty safe to ride now, ad another foot or two and things will be good. they had a solid 2 foot base before the storm, so i bet its good to ride if your a tad carful about how your riding.

Premium Features