• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hurter's Husky????

F
Nov 26, 2007
Bighorns Wyoming
Found this sled in a friends back yard when he move into a new house any one tell me any thing about it this was a year ago still have the sled it runs and is in pretty good shape we don't ride it so it just sits would like to get rid of it but don't realy know what I have so any info would be great?!?!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hurters had sleds out in the late 60's to early 70's. They won't be worth much to anyone other than a true collector in mint condition. Even then, you aren't going to be able to retire of the sale of it. Post of pic of it! Always fun to see the old iron.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Bighorns Wyoming
Thanks guys not wanting to make a fast mill on it just was woundering what i had thats all will try yo take sum pics later this afternoon and post them its been repainted and stuff just thought that to the right person it may be worth sum thing ??

O
Oct 19, 2008
Duluth, Mn
Herters Husky

A friend of mine had a Herters Husky in the middle seventies. They were out of Waseka Mn. at the time and ran a sporting goods catalog similar to the early Cabelas. The "Guide Tested" Husky was as good or bad as the rest of the stuff we all ran at the time, the big problem with it was that it had a real tendancy to bury itself in the first patch of slush that formed on the lake. We did quite a lot of ice fishing on the Northern Minnesota/Canadian border lakes until the early greenies chased us out. The bogie springs as I recall were the same as in the Ski-Doo Oly. Good luck with it.

Premium Features