• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How good is the riding in Monte Cristo Area?

R
Dec 3, 2007
For about two years we have been considering the purchase of a cabin for the use of motorcycling and snowmobiling. We have found properties in the Bear River Service area and the Monte Cristo/Causey area and have riden very little at both locations. Just wondering which of the two areas would be the best for playing in the dirt and snow. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Looks like yahoo maps took me to the wrong location and you are headed North after all.

Anybody have any input on sledding in this area, or a snow report?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
I would do bear river area rather than monte. monte is good but you have to know where to go and its easy access to mantua area also. Its a bit of a ride but you can get to hardware ranch from monte too. Not sure about atv stuff in either.

bakininthesun

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Roy / StarValley Wyoming
Been riding the monte area for many years. It is all most closed down to atv and motorcycles. The area has been sold off and is mostly private now. As for snowmobiling it is still pretty good on week days and sheer hel_ on week ends. If I were buying it would be bear river area.

Premium Features