• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

South Dakota getting snow!!!!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
the weather channel said 30 plus inches already and 12 more today around the black hills

R

redbarchetta

Dec 2, 2007
blackhills, wy
don't know about unloading in deadwood but i always unload where ever i can preseason and just ride the ditches, not supposed to ride the trails or roads if i remember right.

S
Feb 11, 2008
Moorhead, MN
AS OF 730 AM MST... AN OBSERVER REPORTED 38.5 INCHES OF SNOWFALL IN DEADWOOD... WITH THE SNOW ACCUMULATING AT 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR.

got this off weather.com The camera in deadwood definatly shows at least a foot on the street.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hello:

About 24-30" in the Trailshead area at present and still snowing. Hwy 85 is closed currently as it was snowing and blowing too hard to keep it open. Still is and I am not sure when they will get it open. Dec. 1 is incorrect. The trails open and grooming starts on Dec.15.

Last edited:

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
I am most definitely liking what i am hearing and seeing. looks like an early trip maybe. :) if anybody goes this weekend make sure to post some pics!! , xc_rider08

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
about 20" with 4-5 ft. drifts here in spearfish....

I would not recomment going up in the hills yet.. doesnt open to sledders till dec. 1... dont ruin stuff for the rest of us... US YOUR HEADS...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Custer, SD
I just got off the phone with gfp in Pierre and they say there is no deadline for riding in the Hills. Only deadline is dec. 15 open date for trail system. This is because the trails go across some private land and landowner agreements don't start till then.

Is there a forest service regulation?

I think if people do go ride this early you should be extra cautious and respectful to other people! There are hunters still out there and could be some 4x4 vehicle traffic out there too!

Just an easy early season fun ride might be ok, but going out and tearing around like a madman will just cause problems.

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
I dont know about you guys, but i can't even get out of my house here in Rapid Valley. So I took the sled for a spin down the roads by my house. About 2 ft on the streets!!!!!

Premium Features