As part of Polaris’ commitment to producing world-class snowmobiles, the company states it is constantly looking for ways to improve its vehicles for enhanced performance and quality for the rider.
In light of that, Polaris has announced the following updates to a handful of its sleds for the upcoming season. Although some of these can retrofit to existing 2016 and 2017 models, Polaris is not offering these updates under warranty.
Those new 2018 updates include:
800 H.O. Cleanfire Engine Update
- Lower operating temperature, 110 degrees F (43.3º C) vs. 125 degrees F (51.6º C) for improved overheat margin and more consistent engine operation.
- Increases main circuit flow by 12 percent; increases bypass flow 9 percent.
- New thermostat will come on all 2018 snowmobiles with the 800 H.O. Cleanfire engine.
- More durable exhaust gas temp sensor (EGT) providing more than 200 percent life improvement:
- Improved connector
- More durable sensing element
- Matched to new ECU
- Sealed cross-shaft cavity crankcases provide additional lubrication and increased durability on both 600 and 800 H.O. Cleanfire engines.
- Improved MAG end seal provides better sealing and increased durability on both 600 and 800 H.O.
RMK Monotube Shock Updates
- MY18 RMK Monotube Shocks will feature all new valving with “Hi Flow” Walker Evans pistons on the front suspension and rear track shock that delivers less bottoming in the big bumps while maintaining a supple feel on the trail.
SKS 146 Track Change: Peak 2.25-inch changing to Series 5.2 2.25-inch
- The MY18 SKS 146 will come standard with the new Series 5.2 2.25-inch track. The Series 5.2 provides great traction both on- and off-trail while having excellent durability. It is modeled after the modified Series 5.1 that the Polaris championship winning hillclimb team uses to dominate the RMSHA circuit.
800 Switchback Assault 144 with E/S and Series 4 2.0 Track
- Based on feedback and requests, Polaris is now offering an in-season, stocking model 800 Switchback Assault 144 with the 2.0 track and electric start.