Arctic Cat rides into 2018 early, and with a pair of new M 8000 Sno Pro machines powered by the all-new, all-powerful Arctic Cat 8000-Series 794cc C-TEC2 engine with Dual-Stage Injection. They feature all-new, narrow profile Next-Gen Mountain bodywork which is part of the new Ascender platform. Each gets the Arctic Mountain Drive System, narrowed running boards and increased forward foot placement for maximum backcountry performance. And they’re available in limited quantities at Arctic Cat dealerships after Feb. 1, 2017.
Mountain riders will rejoice when they feel the crisp, clean power of the new 8000-series Arctic Cat C-TEC2 engine. More powerful than its predecessor and with a stronger low-and mid-range hit thanks to its new APV exhaust valve featuring 3-stage control of all exhaust ports, the new engine sets a new standard in 160-hp class performance. That performance stays consistent with the quick acceleration and auto-adjusting design of the Team Rapid Response II drive clutch, Rapid Reaction driven clutch and the entire Arctic Drive System.
Last year the Mountain Drive System and mountain chassis modifications debuted on the Mountain Cat package, offering improved deep snow carving, acceleration and rider ergonomics via narrower running boards, forward foot position and the lowered driveshaft. That system is now on all 2018 M 8000 models and, as part of the Ascender platform, it’s complemented by new mountain bodywork that’s 3 inches (10 percent) narrower than the previous design, offering even better sidehilling manners.
The improved handling of the M Series is aided by the lightweight Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS), which features mountain-specific spindles, geometry and 34.5-38.5-inch stance to enable better sidehilling, reduced drag in the snow and improved handling. Last year the Float-Aaction rear suspension was improved with a new front arm and rail geometry for increased travel, improved ride quality and consistent track tension. In 2018 this suspension has been improved even more with the Fox Float 3 rear track shock being lengthened to provide even better ride control in the snow and on rough routes that get riders to their favorite play areas. The tapered ProClimb-7 skis keep the tips up when moving through deep snow, further aiding control in the backcountry.
They come with a fixed (nontelescoping) and vertical steering post, 11.7-gallon fuel tank, front-mounted heat exchanger and ice scratchers. They climb on and through the deepest snow thanks the category-leading PowerClaw track, available in either 153- or 162-inch length with aggressive 3.0-in. lugs.
The early-release 2018 M 8000 Sno Pro comes in Dynamic Gray and is available inlimited quantities.
New for 2018
- All-new 8000 Series C-TEC2 794cc engine with Dual-Stage Injection (DSI) delivers increased performance and rideability in the 160-hp class. It provides crisp throttle response, outstanding mid-range and class-leading performance in addition to improved fuel mileage and reduced oil consumption.
- New Ascender platform with new Next Gen Mountain bodywork offers 10 percent narrower profile for improved sidehill performance; improved fit and finish; easy on/off body panels and distinctive Arctic Cat styling. In addition, the Ascender platform features improvements that originally debuted on the 2017 Mountain Cat:
1) A driveshaft that has been positioned 1-inch lower and .75 inch rearward for increased clearance of the 3-inch lug track while enabling the use of 8-tooth drive sprockets (vs. 7-tooth) compared to the previous design and results in a flatter track-to-snow approach angle for improved floatability, quicker climbing on top of the snow while accelerating as well as improved overall handling.
2) Revised running boards are 1 inch narrower than previous designs for improved sidehill performance and ease of laying the sled over in deep snow.
3) Revised bellypan shape allows the rider’s feet to move 2 inches further forward for even greater ergonomic options for riding.
4) Thinner gauge aluminum on the rear tunnel section, plus strategic cut-outs on the front tunnel section, reduces weight by more than 2 lbs.
- New Team Rapid Response II drive clutch features an auto-adjusting belt tension design and a 12.5 percent lower effective starting ratio (while maintaining the top ratio) for smoother engagement and reduced belt wear at driveaway speed.
- Fox Float 3 rear track shock has been lengthened one inch, allowing increased air volume that translates into a suppler ride quality in its initial compression. (Sno Pro)
- Fox Float 3 ski shocks are improved with a new end cap and shorter negative spring, resulting in increased air volume that translates into suppler ride quality in its initial compression. (Sno Pro)
- M 8000 Sno Pro early release models are equipped with a 153-inch or 162-inch PowerClaw track with 3.0-inch lugs.
Arctic Cat Technology
Fox Float QSL Rear Track Shock
For 2018 Arctic Cat and Fox build upon the pioneering QS3 shock technology with the all-new Float QSL rear track shock for improved deep-snow performance on mountain sleds. The QSL features 1-2- L compression settings that correspond to light, medium and “locked” calibration. In deep snow conditions, the L-position prevents too much rear-arm squat and exaggerated ski lift, for greater control and performance. The L-position is not fully locked: there’s a blow-off point in the valve to prevent damage to the shock during severe compression. A dial mounted on the remote reservoir can easily and quickly be turned to customize the compression calibration for riding conditions and intensity. It utilizes a remote reservoir for fade-free performance. It comes in a 1.5-inch diameter body. It’s exclusive to Arctic Cat and comes on select M Series machines for 2018.
8000-Series C-TEC2 800 Engine with Dual-Stage Injection
The next generation of clean Arctic Cat 2-stroke engine technology, the all-new 8000- Series 794cc C-TEC2 with Dual-Stage Injection (DSI) delivers increased performance and ride ability in the 160-hp class of engines. It features an all-new Arctic Power Valve system with 3-stage control of the auxiliary exhaust ports via side valves, along with 3- stage control of primary exhaust port. Its ECM-controlled electronic oil pump provides precision oil injection that’s more efficient than previous designs. In addition, it features batteryless EFI; Exhaust Pipe Temperature Sensor (EPTS); knock sensor; and engine reverse technology. It’s exceedingly robust and lightweight. It’s built in the USA at the Arctic Cat Engine Facility in St. Cloud, MN.
M 8000 Sno Pro (153/162)
Displacement (cc) 794cc
Bore x Stroke (mm) 85 x 70 mm
Lubrication Electronic injection
Ignition Digitally Controlled CDI
Stator Output 325 Watts
Fuel Delivery Dual stage injection
Exhaust APV with tuned pipe, pipe sensor and stainless steel muffler
Fuel Capacity (gal.) 11.7
Oil Capacity (qt) 3.6
Coolant Cap. (qt) 5
Minimum Octane 91
Drive Clutch Team Rapid Response II
Driven Clutch Team Rapid Reaction BOSS
Drive System Arctic Mountain Drive System
Brakes Race Radial Master Cylinder
Clutch Calibration (ft.) 6,000-8,000
Chain Pitch 96
Reverse Push-button Engine
Front Suspension Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS)
Ski Shocks FOX FLOAT 3
Front Travel (in.) 7
Rear Suspension FLOAT-ACTION Rear Suspension
Front Track Shock Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
Rear Track Shock FOX FLOAT 3
Rear Travel (in.) 15.5 (153) / 16.5 (162)
Overall Length (in.) 132.3 (153)/137.3 (162)
Overall Width (in.) 41.5-45.5
Overall Height (in.) 50
Track Type PowerClaw
Track Width (in.) 15
Track Length (in.) 153 / 162
Lug (in.) 3.00
Pitch (in.) 3.00
Ski Stance (in.) 34.5-38.5 Adjustable
Ski Type/Width (in) ProClimb - 7
Runner Type Single runner w/carbide
Type of Gauge Deluxe Digital
Oil Indicator Light
Coolant Digital/Indicator Light
Battery Voltage Digital
Available Colors Dynamic Gray
12V Outlet Standard
Electric Start Accessory
Front Bumper Sport
Goggle Holder Accessory
Hand & Thumb Warmers Standard
HCR-type Heat Exchanger Standard
Headlights Dual halogen 2-bulb
Ice Scratchers Standard
Lightweight Brake Disc Standard
Mountain Strap Standard
Rear Rack Accessory
Rear Storage Mountain Storage Bag
Seat Lightweight Mountain
Side Panel Wind Deflectors Accessory
Sno Pro Brake Lever Accessory
Steering Vertical steering post, 4.5-inch riser with adjustable mountain handlebar
Tether Switch Accessory
Tow Hitch Accessory
Tunnel Flare Accessory
Visor Plug-ins Accessory