• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti brake upgrade How-To.

G

gorillam

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 28, 2017
Hey there everyone, I have two 2016 yeti snow mx tunnels (one was replaced a few weeks ago due to a large stump). I have a few machined yeti calipers and one of those aluminum/plastic fold over guards.
I need some help/assistance on how to mount the new style caliper on to my tunnel, it appears that I need to drill a hole in the tunnel for bleeding the caliper.
With that being said are there any other parts that need to be added in order for the caliper to fit, spacers, other plates etc?
I really do not want to pull everything out and fight that brake cover on in order to find out the caliper is miss-aligned.

I must state this is for 2016-2017 Tunnel that had the aweful wilwood calipers where the pad pins falls out, and the pads are only supported by one shaft and flop all over.

Thanks everyone, please help me. And yes I have a few timbersleds and yes the brakes work (after I prevented the snow from flinging up). I really do like the yeti track kits other then brakes they are so reliable and light.

Premium Features