• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailwork volunteers needed in the Black Hills this weekend

8hundo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2001
Sturgis, SD
Just putting this out there but help is needed getting our trail system cleared of down trees. We had a rep from SD GF&P come to our Fall meeting and they are looking for volunteers to help. This is a good opportunity to build some relationships and help out our own cause. I know many of us don't use the trails much, but we need them to bring in those tourist dollars and help support our local businesses that support us. We are meeting at the Black Hills trails Office(on the road to Terry Peak) at 8AM Sat morning. Bring a lunch and chainsaw(if you can). Bring your snowmobile and anything else you think might be useful. Probably be done by 4. If you need more info you can contact me or call the Black Hills Trails Office 584-0064.
Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

8hundo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2001
Sturgis, SD
Trail cleanup

It went well. My group went out of Kirk and got almost to Hanna Rd(past Rec Springs). A lot had been done already closer to Kirk(it looked like it was in BAD shape around the bridges). Our group was pretty small but we worked well together. Sounded like the group out of Hardy was larger but had more densely packed downfall to contend with. All in all we made a difference and earned a new understanding about what it takes to keep those trails open and signed. Glad we went and hope to have an opportunity to do it again.

Premium Features