• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stop / reduce goggle fogging? Better than anti-fog chemicals?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
okay just watched this ... gonna try it ... What say you?

I don't know this guy but many comments validate the band aid solution?

Foggy goggles can spoil an otherwise glorious day on the slopes. Saliva and anti-fogging agents provide brief respite, but for prolonged fog prevention, try this tip. Need more help? Contact me at www.marksinfinitesolutions.com

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I tend to have more issues with my glasses fogging than the goggles. I don't tend to sweat too much so on a wet day I leave my helmet and goggles on. "Band-aid" fix looks interesting though.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If these bandages are releasing polychloroprene inside your goggles, your eyes would be constantly exposed to it.

I wonder what that chemical is doing to your eyes??

Did a quick search for side effects, and it appears this chemical affects mucus membranes.

Might be something to dig a little deeper into, before doing this . . .?

Food for thought :)

1680099325496.png

C
Nov 29, 2008
Very rarely have to swap goggles any more tks to Dan Adams video ...Good seal between foam and face, breath down, dont leave goggles hanging where snow get inside. If I'm hot and stopped I pop my hemet off and pop on a hat ...keep some paper towel close by to dry my head if it's real wet before putting helmet back on ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
From my experience those make glasses under goggles fog up even worse but if you don't wear glasses they work good.

Yes and no. Its no different than coming in from outside and having your glasses fogged.
Air flow is the key to getting your glasses to equalize in temp and keeping your goggles on as long as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I forgot to add, I have been using oakley Infernos since 2017. Game changer for my vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features