• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sticky throttle?

M
Sep 9, 2013
Sometimes when I start my 17 Axys (especially when cold) the idle struggles, the check engine light comes on for a brief second, and when I am blipping the throttle to move my sled around it seems that the throttle sticks and I have to slam on the brake lever to keep from running into something. Once I get the RPMs up, the check engine light goes away and after running the engine for a bit the sticky throttle feeling goes away. It seems that once the engine is warm, the frequency of this situation dramatically drops, though it does still happen from time to time. I can't imagine it being a sticky throttle as I have inspected everything from the thumb to the engine and it is clean and clear, and it seems that the symptoms would be consistent, but since my wife and/or kids are the primary riders of this sled I was hoping to identify the problem and fix it properly so it doesn't make them feel like they don't have control. Honestly, I don't even know where to start trouble shooting. Thoughts?

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
your throttle block has probably separated at one time or another ,if it does this and you tighten the set screw to fix it instead of putting the block back together correctly ,the throttle will bind

Premium Features