• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest 858 Pod Cast!

A
Dec 21, 2018
Snowest just re-released a new review of the 858 after a new test ride with more finely calibrated Catalyst sleds and they are claiming night and day difference. New sleds meeting the high expectations
I thought the engine was ready to go when covid hit.. just missing parts 😂😂🤷‍♂️

Looks good, need snow to ride though

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
How does that quote relate to Covid or release info in any way?
It’s about a magazine review after mapping and clutching changes.

Covid definitely slowed production and release times in all industry’s.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Yeah, not sure about Albatroz's little dig. The pandemic hit in 2020. The 858 was suppose to be released in 2024 model year.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
When I rode them in Revy last Saturday I was impressed with the calibrations. Fuel and clutching seemed pretty spot on. No bogs or hesitations. Even the Riot 858 I tried was good, despite being told it was underperforming due to low elevation clutching. 1.6 146 track in spring snow didn't rob a whole lot of power. It was the most fun on the trail of course. Handled and rode great. Sno Pro with ATAC suspension needed work. Front felt like it had no give whatsoever and adjustments weren't working. Rear was ok. Was told they were still working on it. Others said the new 5 position shocks were good. Didn't get to try one with those.

Premium Features