• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question on clutch allignment offset

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
I have a 98 rmk 700 and need to know what the offset measurment is for the clutches. I don't want to buy the allignment tool to do this. Also am i soupose to push the secondary all the way in or out when i am doing this? Thanks in advance.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Offset

5/8 if an inch when using the button driven. Push the driven in against the jackshaft bearing. This measurement is back of primary to back of driven. So back of the secondary will be sitting 5/8 of an inch further out than the back of the primary.
Teams are measured back of primary to outer sheave on the driven.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Push it in; but I can't believe you can't load it up and drive to your dealer and he should come out in the parkinglot and check it, very rarely is it off other than the spacers for free float.

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
Push it in; but I can't believe you can't load it up and drive to your dealer and he should come out in the parkinglot and check it, very rarely is it off other than the spacers for free float.

Last time i took it somewhere to have them do it for me they charged me 1/2 hour labor to check it (35 bucks) and it wasn't even off they just changed one washer for the play in it. The only reason it's off now is cause i had to get a new secondary and like a idiot i didn't keep track of how many washers went were.:eek:

F

Flatbed

Dec 17, 2007
Wyoming
offset

I used a 5/8" Dia. long bolt. Once you get the sheaves spread lay the bolt down on the center and go to measureing. I did that for years and then decided to just buy the right tool. Be sure to keep the bolt head away from the sheaves so it won't screw up the measurement.

R
Oct 1, 2008
YMIR BC
How much axial play is the secondary s'posed to have on the shaft?..mine slides back and forth about 1/16....I had no play in there before but I heard there should be just a little so I put in another washer on the front...

B
Nov 15, 2009
Gunnison Co.
Last time i took it somewhere to have them do it for me they charged me 1/2 hour labor to check it (35 bucks) and it wasn't even off they just changed one washer for the play in it. The only reason it's off now is cause i had to get a new secondary and like a idiot i didn't keep track of how many washers went were.:eek:
Thought you were talkin about our local dealer at first, but they woulda charged more and done less. Lucky for us we got snowest for help.

Premium Features