• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Puller 2872085 NLA best aftermarket option?

B
Jan 3, 2023
Alberta
Need to pull primary on my 2017 800 Assault to do mounts. Dealer(S) say 2872085 OEM puller discontinued (Canada)
PCP-8 is their recommendation @ $115.00!
See many aftermarket for less that say they fit but skeptical.
What you using?

C
Nov 29, 2008
Yep did two the fall - 1st one was a real bitch - bent the puller and took about 7 attempts with bolt Teflon ..2nd one popped easy peasy

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I just did this on one of our 18 AXYS 800s to get the primary off, didn't want to bend puller so I turned the machine on its side with the clutch up and put ATF oil in and teflon taped the puller with "lots of tape" and clutch came right off . This after we really long cheater on a breaker bar and no luck. Had read about this "trick" but never used it till now !
gtwitch in wyoming

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
Water trick, OR SPI has a good puller. Never skimp on pullers. AND, never sieze the tip and threads. But that sead, I bent my really good puller once, trying to pull my clutch off after getting back from dealer who changed engine mounts. I had over 200FtLbs on breaker bar, Nothin. Only was the water trick with lots of teflon tape that made her pop.

Premium Features