• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No turbo this year what can I do !!!!!

D

Dirt Digger

Mar 1, 2009
Has anyone worked on a clutch kit and gearing for the 08 nytro mtx. I heard Heartman inc. was good. Wanted a turbo this year but not going to happen. I think a little clutching and gear work would help. Any info would be great Thanks guys.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
most gear down...some get some help from excell header and pipe...

since you have not mentioned anything about your sled, I will assume you are stock...

I would suggest get it on a diet rear skid, etc. do a search on here for Nytro diet it will yeld some good stuff...

but most of all...track!!! go as big and long as you can...

S
Jan 6, 2008
I had the Hartman primary and secondary done, as well as under tunnel exhaust. What a great improvement. Tom Hartman is a stand up guy!

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
Ride it like yoy stole it and have fun!!! That's why we ride in the first place. You can clutch it and that will help. Run race fuel at least you will get the smell of a turbo!! That will make you feel better. You could also install the red happy button also called NOSS !!!! Any way have fun this year as next year will be totally diffrent.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
MTdream is right, stock you can do a lot that will help your sled out. Any of the aftermarket suspensions are great, but if you are looking at pure weight loss the timbersled will drop you a total of 38 pounds on the rear, and 9 or so on the front. If you swap the skid you need to get a track too, the maverick sucks. Most guys go with a powerclaw or camo extreme, but anything would really be an improvement.

Last year I added the timbersled and a 162 powerclaw and I could outclimb 700s, and was pretty close to the 800s I was riding with.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
What is the stock gearing? are you getting more track speed with that combo?

20/40 stock...yes like 10 mph gears and clutching...and thats with a 174 track also...sled will only run about 85 but who cares?? very quick with the changes.
This is with 174 before I went with timbersled front and rear skid..that was a amazing difference, oh also little yz450 battery in seat 2..

heres new skid

and heres what happens to ur front end when u plant it off a jump a lillte 2 nose foward....hahaha at 60

heres how u bury a apex

Last edited:
E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
dunnno what your budget is like but the rear skid c/o isnt all that cheap, i have mine done with undertail exhaust,,loss lots of weight,,but you will need to work the clutching to run the 162,,i STILL didnt get real happy with mine,,struggled to get the track speed up

C
Sep 8, 2009
rode my 08 nytro first year stock, was wondering if I had made a mistake. Last year new mountain tamer rear added fox floats to front to lighten it up and correct soft tippy feel. Called Tom Hartman and did complete clutch setup and exhaust, light battery and riser on bars. What an improvement, snappy clutch response was better than friends other machines, Revs, Polaris, AC. This year new 153 Power Claw and set of skis, not sure what type? Still need to lighten front some more , trying to figure how to remove radiator and fan and add rear heat exchanger. Call Tom Hartman he will stear you in the direction you want. He's not into BLING just what works best.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
reverse gearing

I too am wondering about the reverse gearing options? I have the 19T , what would the gearing need to be to equal 18-43 with the reverse set up? "2XM3" Man I really want one of them rear bumpers, hook a brotha up already.....I'm sure we could muster up a group buy if that would help?

Premium Features