• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Thunder in the mountians

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Well, that's it!! I'm SOL.

All flights from Newark, LaQuardia, JFK, Hartford, Providence or Boston are either cancelled or sold out through Sunday.

I'm going to go find a bottle to crawl into.:face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
And to add insult to injury, this "effen" storm isn't bringing much of anything north of here, so I can't even go to Vermont. The state has been nothing but ice for 3 weeks now.:face-icon-small-fro

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
No chance!

For example, Buffalow NY has to be an 8 hour drive west from me on a normal day. In the snow it would probably be at least 12 and where would I be then? Sitting with BuffaloHawk who is also snowed in. OK, so then he and I start driving how many hours westward in a major snowstrom trying to find a city with an open airport. Then you want a last minute flight - $1,000 for that. Then we'd have to go back to the airport where we left the car and drive home from there.

I'm so upset I can't see straight. I'm about to tell my boss I'm going home sick.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
And to add insult to injury, this "effen" storm isn't bringing much of anything north of here, so I can't even go to Vermont. The state has been nothing but ice for 3 weeks now.:face-icon-small-fro

Thunder, I may be going out up here in Stowe area this weekend. I will report back. I have been told that points North of me have been having showers constantly and the trails are in excellent condition.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Thunder in the mountians

At 11:38 one seat came available for a 1:30 flight. 90mph from New Haven to NYC and just made the flight.

It's great to be here.

Thanks to those that must have been praying for me.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features