• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Gen5 Lynx Owner, what is this dinky plastic lever over my brake rotor 5x lock.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Picked up my new 2024 Lynx Shredder RE 3900 Turbo. I had a 2022 ( gen 4 lynx ) and before that a 2014 Ski Doo Summit.

What in the world is this little flimsy plastic arm for that says 5x on a sticker. I'm so confused, this looks like it will break in 1 day.

I couldn't find much about it in the manual other than its to take the clutch cover off, which I'm not sure it did anything when I did that either. Is this stupid thing going to snap the first time out then what? lol what is it for.. I'm so confused.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Yea I did the owners manual has one single picture about it. nothing else about it at all.

Also yea I just figured it out so you have to press it a few times while taking panel off to "ratchet" it off. why is it such a flimsy piece of plastic right by your feet? this has to get broken in like one day. What do you do after that flimsy lever snaps off in the woods?

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
FYI the entirety of the manual about this is here in this pic... one single picture no explanation.

I figured it out now, but I expect this to snap off in the very first day of riding... Seeing how my rotor covers are usually bent and smashed in. from my feet. I cannot see how this little plastic thing will last long.

lever.png

Last edited:

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I think if you are worried about something breaking, worry about the brake bleeder. If the catch breaks, what's going to fall apart?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Picked up my new 2024 Lynx Shredder RE 3900 Turbo. I had a 2022 ( gen 4 lynx ) and before that a 2014 Ski Doo Summit.

What in the world is this little flimsy plastic arm for that says 5x on a sticker. I'm so confused, this looks like it will break in 1 day.

I couldn't find much about it in the manual other than its to take the clutch cover off, which I'm not sure it did anything when I did that either. Is this stupid thing going to snap the first time out then what? lol what is it for.. I'm so confused.

when you slide the cvt door in properly you will hear an autobal click, this was done to tighten the cvt seal against the inside. Its pretty simple and does not need to be pulled on hard to release it, so breaking it would only come from someone trying to break it or using force over smarts to open it. If you put the cover on and watch what it does when you click it in you will see how it closes the system very well, It keeps the system closed so it allows for better cooling.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Thanks I won't worry about it. It just seemed like its a pretty flimsy part right where my giant size 14's are always banging around. I figured i would end up snapping it with my foot eventually. I guess not, I wont worry about it.

Premium Features