• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountainlab Scout Radio- Any Opinion?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Anyone tried out the mountain lab scout radio and have any opinion on it?

Couple things I like about it are you can put AA batteries in it, it comes with the charger and you don’t have to find the old XD USB cord like the BCA ones.

I also like that you just set the channel on the radio itself and not on the microphone, I just feel like there’s too much risk of changing the channel on the BCA one, although it’s never really happened. It is nice to be able to get the weather and other channels from the remote but I’ve yet to have to change during the day.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I also like that you just set the channel on the radio itself and not on the microphone, I just feel like there’s too much risk of changing the channel on the BCA one, although it’s never really happened. It is nice to be able to get the weather and other channels from the remote but I’ve yet to have to change during the day.
I have seen that issue pop up time and time again in my group of riders.
its just TOO EASY to spin that dial on accident.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I agree it’s kind of a pain. I just ordered a pair of these scouts and got 20% off with the code DEVLIEGER20

I’ll report back on how they work once I get them and put them to use

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hows that? $184 for 2 radios??

BCA 2.0 is $189
Oxbow is $100
These are $92

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
You'd be better off with this....
Radioddity GM-30 GMRS Handheld Radio 2PCS + Radioddity RD-201 USB 2-Pin K-Plug Programming Cable Amazon product ASIN B091CRZ1KZ
And this....
BTECH QHM22 Platinum Series IP54 Rainproof Shoulder Speaker Mic for BaoFeng, BTECH, Kenwood Radios Amazon product ASIN B00Z4X3MM6
Approximately $140 for 2 five watt radios w/speaker mics

Or consider this
TIDRADIO TD-H5 GMRS Radio with 4pcs 1500mah Batteries,Handheld 5W Long Range Two Way Radio for Adults,GMRS Repeater Capable,with NOAA Dual Band Scanning Receiver,Programming Cable Included (2 Pack) Amazon product ASIN B08Z7MVVBH

Last edited:

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Well, after a search on here for radio info, not much was available. Not even on your page is any of this info around. I appreciate the feedback though.

Premium Features