• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for a 09 m8 circle ecu near denver

B
Feb 19, 2011
Hey guys, im in need of a 09 m8 ecu, with the circle calibration symbol. P/n 3007-646. trying (hoping) to find one by Friday. All dealers seem to not stock them and AC has them on back order.

My issue is the sled randomly quits firing one cylinder. its progressively gotten worse, and now does it all the time. I can make it happen on command by tapping on the ecu itself, ive check all the pins and wires at the connector three times now and cant find anything lose, broken, or suspect. It can be ideling fine with both cylinders firing, but as soon as I tap on the ecu it starts running on one cylinder..... does this sound like ecu to you guys? Im not a cat expert so any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
try another ecu from another same year sled...the symbol DOES NOT have to match..

the 08 might be the same as 09 etc..someone can chime in about that..but again the symbols intermixed makes very little difference

ps...no pins pushed back in that connector..??...some one good in electronics might be able to get in that box and see whats loose..

B
Feb 19, 2011
try another ecu from another same year sled...the symbol DOES NOT have to match..

the 08 might be the same as 09 etc..someone can chime in about that..but again the symbols intermixed makes very little difference

ps...no pins pushed back in that connector..??...some one good in electronics might be able to get in that box and see whats loose..

Id like to try one from another year but cant find an 09 to borrow one from. the 09 has a different plug than 07,08. 09 is the same as a 10', but the 10' 800's are HO's and the 09's aren't, so I figured the 10' HO mapping would'nt play well on a 09'...

I used to repair wiring harness's as part of a past job so I have some experience with trouble shooting harnesses and connectors, I went through this connector, plug, and harness thoroughly and just cant seem to find anything wrong with it.

the pins are molded into the ecu, and all appear to be solid. the circuit board itself is set in an epoxy known in the electronics industry as "potting" , which makes it nearly impossible to get to the circuit board for repair with out damaging other components in the process.

not being a cat guy, I just dont know if these ecu's are known to have issues or not?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I figured the 10' HO mapping would'nt play well on a 09'...

hmm...I still wonder if a 10 will work fine enough to see if it stays running on both cylinders though..??

the m8 does have some issues with ecu..but I would say more stator and ground issues..

is your barometric tube clear..??..no moisture or kinks..

B
Feb 19, 2011
hmm...I still wonder if a 10 will work fine enough to see if it stays running on both cylinders though..??

the m8 does have some issues with ecu..but I would say more stator and ground issues..

is your barometric tube clear..??..no moisture or kinks..

No kinks or blockage in the tube.

I am wondering the same thing about using a 10' to test with, I just don't want to damage someone else's ecu in the process.

Im going to look further into trying that today.

Thanks for all of your sugestions thus far!

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Check Ground First

Then just find a test ECU or put yours on a 09 sled to see if it will do the same.

Hey guys, im in need of a 09 m8 ecu, with the circle calibration symbol. P/n 3007-646. trying (hoping) to find one by Friday. All dealers seem to not stock them and AC has them on back order.

My issue is the sled randomly quits firing one cylinder. its progressively gotten worse, and now does it all the time. I can make it happen on command by tapping on the ecu itself, ive check all the pins and wires at the connector three times now and cant find anything lose, broken, or suspect. It can be ideling fine with both cylinders firing, but as soon as I tap on the ecu it starts running on one cylinder..... does this sound like ecu to you guys? Im not a cat expert so any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

Premium Features